Anyone Else Sick of Hearing About Cecil?

Exactly. Hunting takes patience and skill.

Having an animal lured to you with bait so you can shoot it takes neither.
yep lets see if i can go find the biggest baddest animal that they all know where it lives..piss it off enough to come after you then shoot it..meh

Not so fast. First of all, if it weren't for game hunting in Africa, there wouldn't be any of the big game still alive. They'd be massacred by the locals for food. Conservation and hunters money saved big game from extinction. Secondly, he paid a lot of money to hunt for one of the big 5. That money goes to a lot of employees that work for the professional hunter. The Zim dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on and $50,000 is a fortune.
They lured this old lion out of a refuge for the hunter. I'd be willing to bet that he knew nothing about it. Granted, it was a terrible shot and the lion was wounded for a couple days and suffered till they could find him and finish it. No excuse for that but the meat never goes to waste. Nobody gives a damn while the old Rhodesian farmers and their families are murdered in their homes and their farms are confiscated. That didn't make the news. Lastly, the old Rhodies, hands down, are the nicest people I've ever met. You would love it if you ever made the effort to go there. Don't knock it till you try it.

Is this an endangered species? Did the govt. get their cut of the hunting fees? Did he know he was shooting Cecil? Did Cecil run back into the park where he was shot again 2 days later? I'm not so sure the guy deserves death threats.

Back
Top Bottom