• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else think there is something wrong with commercial chickens being grown from chicks to fryer size in 7 weeks?

FWIW, the stinkiest houses, which not many people are exposed to, are the breeder houses, where the fertile eggs come from. The eggs are laid on a wire floor in a flock of chickens, and the broken eggs and chicken crap fall through the floor to the dirt, and after several weeks the stench is overwhelming.
I work in poultry and that's not quite accurate. The breeder houses are where hatch eggs come from. Those houses utilize a nesting system where the hens lay eggs, and they're run into the egg collection room via the belt system on the bottom of the nests. Modern, well kept breeder house is in no way shape or form like that. Alot of newer houses, depending on the company, have egg pack machines in the rooms

I raised chickens on my commercial farm for about 15yrs and right before I got out of it we were selling market birds at 39-40 days. Sometimes 38 depending on how good they did.

Hormones, steroids and all sorts of unnatural things go in just about everything we eat. And it has an effect. The rate of children with stuff wrong with them is 20 times higher than it was 100 years ago. Boys who think they are girls and vice versa and you name it. Autism and special needs. All of it has gone up 10 fold in our lifetime. And it's not from global warming lol.
Yeah its a bummer they had all this technology and medical knowledge back then and couldn't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom