• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Familiar With IAAI & BidFast system?

BattleSausage

Default rank <1250 posts
Fun Loving Guy
28   0
Reaction score
Long story short, vehicle was totaled by an ahole whom I t-boned after he ran a stop sign. Their insurance has accepted fault and the fun began. Besides the ridiculously low valuation, my truck had a good bit done, which I provided over $6k in recent receipts for. I made it clear I wanted to be paid or keep my truck as I plan to buy another and I will either transfer or perform the same modifications. They gave me a salvage valuation that is roughly 2x what I was offered by the same salvage yard that the at fault vehicle was sent to, with their valuation through the BidFast system on IAAI. I cannot access this system, nor do I know exactly how it functions to give them a valuation. What I do know is that they did not report all the damage, as Carfax does not show it having structural damage, just undercarriage and frontal damage of the moderate category whereas it sustained frame damage. I'm trying to figure out if they omitted that part to drive up the salvage valuation which is very likely I would imagine.

To answer subsequent questions, yes I have retained an outside appraisal source and already delivered that to them. I may have to subrogate to my insurance and file suit but as of now I still have an open complaint with the Ga Insurance Commissioner and will move forward from there. They refused to provide me a rental as well. The State's own valuation, average of retail and wholesale, is over $2,500 more than the number they came up with as well and we all know where used vehicle prices are right now, especially trucks. The vehicle in question was my 2007 5.9 Ram 2500 which makes it more of a pain to replace. Thanks for any help!

You may have to take them to court. That could be your best option.

I agree, which is why I’m trying to document everything as detailed as possible. This is essentially the last piece that I have not been able to make a valid argument against as the system is only for insurance companies and dealers I believe.

If you have full coverage. Just file a claim with your insurance company and let them deal with it.

A couple years ago my suburban was rear ended by a car while we were stopped at a light. They missed the brake pedal and hit the gas.

While they were clearly at fault. The insurance was USAA and such pr1cks that I finally made a claim on my policy. The car was completely repaired and they dealt with the other insurance company.

What they collected. I do not know.

salvage is 10% of what they paid you 5000=500 etc dont settle or sign anything tell the adjuster you will give them 5000.00$ for there house and to get there ass out same difference they wont to pay you what they wont dont settle to you reach a agrement don this twice and it works

Back
Top Bottom