• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone had an issue with HST in a Ruger LC9?

AlphaMike11

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
47   0
Reaction score
I have a Ruger LC9s.
Love the gun, it has fired over 1000 rounds of 115 PMC bronze and 124 gr PPU (which is kind of hot) and others without a hiccup...
However when I try to use some expensive HST (both 124gr and 147 gr) I have an issue of the slide locking open every 3-5 rounds. no bullet jammed into the ramp; just the slide locking back.
I'm not hitting the slide release or limp wristing.

The guy at the gun shop said small pistols do not like HST and to try other types of self defense ammo. Since that can get expensive quick, I thought it would be a good idea to ask about it here...

Any input?
Anyone else have this experience?

I have a Ruger LC9s.
Love the gun, it has fired over 1000 rounds of 115 PMC bronze and 124 gr PPU (which is kind of hot) and others without a hiccup...
However when I try to use some expensive HST (both 124gr and 147 gr) I have an issue of the slide locking open every 3-5 rounds. no bullet jammed into the ramp; just the slide locking back.
I'm not hitting the slide release or limp wristing.

The guy at the gun shop said small pistols do not like HST and to try other types of self defense ammo. Since that can get expensive quick, I thought it would be a good idea to ask about it here...

Any input?
Anyone else have this experience?

I’d try a round with a different bullet profile. Possibly, the bullet is tripping the slide catch as it’s feeding.

Back
Top Bottom