• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

ANYONE HAVE A FIXD

This is what I use on my personal vehicles. Keep in mind, I have several Snap on scanners and a Matco scanner. This is by far the easiest I've found to be able to view live data.

Amazon.com
Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android & Windows, Check Engine Light Code Reader, Supports Torque Pro, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, Car Scanner App https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_-uETDbABR0ZTK

Reactions: MRM
what is important is the software, not the hardware. The computers and their software changes almost every year and your interface software must also change, else it will be out of date.

The amount of info available from the CANBUS is incredible. To get full use of your dongle, you need to be able to work with all that is available on the CANBUS.

Working with live data is mandatory these days. I had a Toyota in with a misfire @3000 rpms. No codes at all, all appeared fine on the scanner. Watched live data on timing and saw it went berserk @3000 rpms. Then went to the sensor that set timing and changed it, bingo, that was it. That sensor did not check bad, but it was the problem.

Back
Top Bottom