• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have a good flooring guy?

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Posted an ad in the help wanted section, but there's not a lot of movement there. Figured I would post here and get two or three good recommendations and ten or so smart ass comments, lol ;)

This is for my home in Dallas, not an ongoing thing.

Good flooring people are busy as heck right now. If you buy from a box store they will quote installation. Read the fine print, they don’t move furniture and anything they run into in taking up the old floor is extra.

Are you talking carpet or hard surface?
Do you have your material already?
The carpet vs lvp is dependent on how much lvp will cost to have installed. Really want the lvp though. I did the rest of the house myself 2 years ago and love it, but I've jacked up my back so I can't finish the last 2 rooms and hallway. Would it save me $ to already have the material here? I had a little left over from before and could probably track down more if it would save anything.

Good flooring people are busy as heck right now. If you buy from a box store they will quote installation. Read the fine print, they don’t move furniture and anything they run into in taking up the old floor is extra.

Thanks for the idea! I'll look into that tomorrow.

The carpet vs lvp is dependent on how much lvp will cost to have installed. Really want the lvp though. I did the rest of the house myself 2 years ago and love it, but I've jacked up my back so I can't finish the last 2 rooms and hallway. Would it save me $ to already have the material here? I had a little left over from before and could probably track down more if it would save anything.
A lot has improved in the last two years in waterproof flooring. It depends on what you put down back then, but what's available now could realistically be leaps and bounds better than what you have. The newer SPC rigid flooring is some tough as nails stuff. Do you ever get up to Cabelas in Acworth? If so, go on out 92 past Cabelas about two miles or so to a little store called Gotcha Covered Flooring. Talk to Jason in there and tell him Jamie from Create sent you and to give you a good deal. If you are OK running a tape measure, go ahead and measure the spaces you want to do before you go and take them with you. They are good and fair...☺

A lot has improved in the last two years in waterproof flooring. It depends on what you put down back then, but what's available now could realistically be leaps and bounds better than what you have. The newer SPC rigid flooring is some tough as nails stuff. Do you ever get up to Cabelas in Acworth? If so, go on out 92 past Cabelas about two miles or so to a little store called Gotcha Covered Flooring. Talk to Jason in there and tell him Jamie from Create sent you and to give you a good deal. If you are OK running a tape measure, go ahead and measure the spaces you want to do before you go and take them with you. They are good and fair...☺
I'll have to make it up there to do that. I'm definitely good running a tape measure, I was a carpenter in my side business before I got g hurt.

Back
Top Bottom