• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone have any wheel weight lead to sell??

vernon.45

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
I am in short supply of wheel weight lead for casting. The tire and auto shops ive talked to around here already have someone their selling to. so im turning to the ODT, if you have any old wheel weights or wheel weight lead already cleaned thats affordable. Shoot me a PM and let me know, Thanks

Here's a lead on potential sources:

Some drywall contractors regularly do x-ray rooms for doctors offices and hospitals. These walls are lined with lead and scrap is always generated.

thanks, ive talked to one and he told me he would keep all scraps for me. but that was 3 months ago, none seen as of yet.

Wheel weights are so 5 years ago lol. As you've found, shops either sell to recyclers or are using zinc or steel weights now.

Wheel weights are so 5 years ago lol. As you've found, shops either sell to recyclers or are using zinc or steel weights now.

I disagree dunkel i get five gallon bukets all the time and 70% of the weights are lead. I pour ingets in a large pot with a blacksmiths furnace and then use them in my master caster. But thanks for being so informative to the post.

I disagree dunkel i get five gallon bukets all the time and 70% of the weights are lead. I pour ingets in a large pot with a blacksmiths furnace and then use them in my master caster. But thanks for being so informative to the post.

Disagree all you want...maybe you get lucky with a hookup, but I've tried a bunch of shops all over town and have gotten the same story. And, it seems, so has the OP. I've also heard the same story from other casters on other boards from around the country. So congrats on your scores, I wish I could get that lucky.

hey swamp fox, would you be willing to sell any at all?

Back
Top Bottom