• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where to get Blanton's bourbon?

S***, ya'll weren't kidding about Blantons. I was lucky enough to come across a bottle for $85+ tax when traveling in Mississippi a week ago. Must have called 20 shops in a 10 mile radius of my location and only one shop had it and they would only sell one bottle/customer/day. I may or may not have gone back a couple days later and snagged a second bottle before exiting the state. Just say'n... :cool:

S***, ya'll weren't kidding about Blantons. I was lucky enough to come across a bottle for $85+ tax when traveling in Mississippi a week ago. Must have called 20 shops in a 10 mile radius of my location and only one shop had it and they would only sell one bottle/customer/day. I may or may not have gone back a couple days later and snagged a second bottle before exiting the state. Just say'n... :cool:

That sounds like a deal unfortunately. I found a bottle the other day but it was $150. It's not that good

Hole in the wall liquor stores in shady parts of town are also a good source for reasonably priced high-end bottles

I think your right for the most part. The higher end bottles of liquor probably sit on their shelves a little longer due to the higher price tags. I decided to stop in a shop that's on my home from work to see what they had and low and behold... sitting behind the counter were 3 bottles of Wellers Antique and 3 bottles of Wellers CYPB with a price tag of $275 and $499 respectively. The Green label bottles were only $35 each.

I think your right for the most part. The higher end bottles of liquor probably sit on their shelves a little longer due to the higher price tags. I decided to stop in a shop that's on my home from work to see what they had and low and behold... sitting behind the counter were 3 bottles of Wellers Antique and 3 bottles of Wellers CYPB with a price tag of $275 and $499 respectively. The Green label bottles were only $35 each.
Jeez. Antique is really good but in no way is it worth more than like $70 in my opinion

That's what I've heard as well. It's pretty obvious this particular shop is just trying to cash in on what they got. If someone is willing to pay that price then all power to them.
Yeah I mean if people don't like the price they won't buy and the shop will either sit on it forever or lower the price. Otherwise more power to the shop to try to maximize the profit that they can make on a clearly sought after and somewhat scarce item. Especially with a luxury good like bourbon. The place I worked I always paid retail if I wanted something, but that's the upside to be the one who is cutting the checks to the vendors and getting to see the product come in before anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom