• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone looked at the S&W FPC 9mm ?

It’s too heavy, if you really care about weight. I’m switching to the new Gen 3 Sub2000.
Otherwise it’s well built, nice fit & finish. Pretty impressive trigger. Extremely easy to be accurate with it. Recoil ain’t bad at all.
If you search the other forums/threads you’ll find it’s already been discussed quite a bit.

Thanks. Strangely enough, today was my first time seeing this. I read your review as well as others. If it came in another caliber I would be interested as I do not own anything in 9mm.

It’s too heavy, if you really care about weight. I’m switching to the new Gen 3 Sub2000.
Otherwise it’s well built, nice fit & finish. Pretty impressive trigger. Extremely easy to be accurate with it. Recoil ain’t bad at all.
If you search the other forums/threads you’ll find it’s already been discussed quite a bit.

What's new with the Gen 3 Sub 2K?

Main thing I see is the barrel rotates now when you fold it, so you can have a red dot on it and still close it up.

Red Lion had this years ago, but now it comes built-in.

Shot a few, had a lot of them come through the shop. Seem well-built.

Can’t mount anything with magnification on it, such as a magnifier, due to the long eye relief caused by the position of the mounting rail. I wouldn’t use a magnified optic on a 9mm carbine, but the customer I dealt with wanted one. I explained how it wasn’t going to work, due to the long eye relief. He didn’t believe me, so I went ahead and mounted it all up and handed it to him.

“It’s like I’m looking through a tiny tube.”

“That’s what I kept telling you.”

BUIS would also be a bit squirrelly, due to the rear sight being so far from your face. Most are designed for AR’s, and not set up to be run that way. There’s a good chance you’d have to open up the rear aperture.

A V-sight or buckhorn sight (think lever action rifles) would work fine.

A 1x RDS, prismatic sight, holographic sight, etc., would work with no issues.

I’ve got one with holoson on it I’ve put a box of ammo through it and function is good and trigger is decent. Pretty decent accuracy wise five shots at hundred yards in half dollar size circle.

Back
Top Bottom