• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone looking for a part time person to help build AR15s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown Hawk Industries Brown Hawk Industries I’m teaching an AR Builder’s / Armorer’s Course on Nov 12 in Marietta. I teach it roughly every other month. Lots of good info, tips, techniques, recommended tools (including ones that I have designed and built/had built myself), and more.

Good luck in your endeavors!

You're going to bankrupt yourself real quick. How many other companies (Anderson, PSA, BCA, etc) provide exactly what you're wanting to do? What exactly are you going to do that they don't? Why would I spend $500 on your upper when I can get an established company's for not that much more? ARs are not a plug and play system, no matter how much people think they are. There's a lot of minutiae involved with them
He's gonna pin weld drill tap and recess the barrels. Pay attention

Brown Hawk Industries Brown Hawk Industries I’m teaching an AR Builder’s / Armorer’s Course on Nov 12 in Marietta. I teach it roughly every other month. Lots of good info, tips, techniques, recommended tools (including ones that I have designed and built/had built myself), and more.

Good luck in your endeavors!
Brown Hawk Industries Brown Hawk Industries if you're absolutely serious about this, I highly recommend you attend this. Guaranteed you are operating with some sizeable knowledge gaps.

Brown Hawk Industries Brown Hawk Industries

We all appreciate your consistency in posting and seem like you have a decent work ethic.

I would say before starting with building in selling my mind it would be best to work part time under a gunsmith. Building uppers and selling them you would need a good insurance to protect your self against lawsuits.

I mean its going to be so hard to compete against PSA, AERO and BCM.

I think working a part time gig doing something you enjoy and building skills, then later in life working on these dreams would be great.

Most of these people start small, but work 10+ years to build up a company to compete, and most people go bankrupt before being able to do that honestly.

The AR' market is so flooded with people building uppers, I just don't know how you fit it. You have to provide something that others are not for a price point that the market will be happy to pay.

I like the idea of Pinned gas blocks that is not the default for most uppers, but do you have the tools and knowledge to do these?

I'm thinking about going to astronaut school
I couldn’t decide among 3 responses, so here they all are!

1666661633266.jpeg

1666661786300.png

1666661585716.png

So, What Does It Take To #BeAnAstronaut?

Astronaut requirements have changed with NASA's goals and missions. Today, to be considered for an astronaut position, applicants must meet the following qualifications:

1. Be a U.S. citizen
  2. Possess a master's degree* in a STEM field, including engineering, biological science, physical science, computer science or mathematics, from an accredited institution.
  3. Have at least two years of related professional experience obtained after degree completion or at least 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time on jet aircraft.
  4. Be able to pass the NASA long-duration flight astronaut physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom