• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone looking for a part time person to help build AR15s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not start with making some AR parts first, to get some experience and build a name for yourself? Isn't that the way several AR companies got started? It's a crowded field, so getting in won't be easy, fast or cheap.

You've got to be:
1) Better
2) Cheaper
3) Or at least different

Take some tours (if possible) of current AR manufacturers to get an idea of the scale of things and what you're up against. You might change your mind and decide to start making.......survival kits, tents and camping stoves.

I get yall are just ****ing with me. But I do genuinely plan to eventually sell high quality, built Tuff, budget AR uppers to as many people possible. I don't plan on giving up on this, no matter how long it takes. Just sayin

Sounds like Palmetto State Armory's Business Plan...

I'm not one to take a crap on anybody's endeavors. In fact I wish everybody could be rich and successful in everything they do. Don't give up on your dream bub. What you need to do is take a few months and find everything you're going to need on sale. And I mean be patient and sales come along a lot. Or if you have to Capital buy in bulk straight from the manufacturer and work yourself a deal in that way. You can get an FFL and work straight out of your house on mail order you don't have to pay overhead of a shop to sell gun parts. Make sure you have all the tools you're going to need to do the job correctly and go for it.

A word to the wise. Don't let anything these guys say bring you down or effect in any way. Let it roll off. That's how they get their rocks off. It's petty but what can you do. Look to the lord for your strength. Through him all things are possible. People love to see others fail. More than that they love to tell you that you will fail. At least you managed something they didn't, you tried regardless of outcome.

Now to the meat. Barrel choice is going to be your biggest hurdle. Finding quality accurate barrels on the cheap is not going to be easy. Receivers are readily available for a good price. Toolcraft BCG's can be had at PSA for 69 bucks when they are on sale. The next big step is hand guards. Finding a good reliable source for quality units isn't going to be easy. Just be diligent and don't get discouraged just keep plugging. You should be able to work something out. Try as hard as you can to avoid paying retail. Present yourself as a business and dazzle them with BS. Pardon the expression. Work slowly towards your goal and don't give up easily. You might build a few and sell them on the cheap to get your product out there and tested and talked about. That's pretty much the way you're going to need to do it. Like I said take your time don't get in a rush to start putting the stuff together just to start and I always test your end product every one of them after each assembly. Good luck and God speed my friend.

A word to the wise. Don't let anything these guys say bring you down or effect in any way. Let it roll off. That's how they get their rocks off. It's petty but what can you do. Look to the lord for your strength. Through him all things are possible. People love to see others fail. More than that they love to tell you that you will fail. At least you managed something they didn't, you tried regardless of outcome.

Now to the meat. Barrel choice is going to be your biggest hurdle. Finding quality accurate barrels on the cheap is not going to be easy. Receivers are readily available for a good price. Toolcraft BCG's can be had at PSA for 69 bucks when they are on sale. The next big step is hand guards. Finding a good reliable source for quality units isn't going to be easy. Just be diligent and don't get discouraged just keep plugging. You should be able to work something out. Try as hard as you can to avoid paying retail. Present yourself as a business and dazzle them with BS. Pardon the expression. Work slowly towards your goal and don't give up easily. You might build a few and sell them on the cheap to get your product out there and tested and talked about. That's pretty much the way you're going to need to do it. Like I said take your time don't get in a rush to start putting the stuff together just to start and I always test your end product every one of them after each assembly. Good luck and God speed my friend.
Thank you. And yeah, I've chosen the parts very carefully and will definitely buy as many of them when they are on sale to get the best prices to customers i possibly can. Also, ill have all the proper tools as well.

Basically the plan is I'll make complete uppers that are super tough and quality. But if you were to buy an upper from me and an Aero precision lower, you would be spending about the same amount as a AP rifle. However, for a similar price to AP, you'd be getting an upper that has everything properly torqued, fitted, locktighted, and a pinned/ dimpled gas block since Aero doesn't do that to their gas blocks. So basically once productions of the uppers starts, you'd could bu my upper and an AP lower and be in for around the same price as an AP rifle, possibly a bit cheaper, but it would be built as strong as it possibly could be. And had fitted/ checked and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom