• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anyone married 10+ years

how has your marriage stood the test of time?

• commitment

Votes: 82 74.5%
  • avoiding important issues with seclusion and binge drinking

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • tacos

Votes: 11 10.0%

• Total voters
Just passed the 13 year mark this month. We both had really bad 1st marriages and I believe that has helped us both appreciate each other and makes this marriage easier. There are so many things to consider but here are a few suggestions I would have: Always be supportive. Don't hold grudges. Life is not all roses and there will be disagreements from time to time. Try and be a civil as possible when those times arise and consider both sides of the argument as you both work through them. Nothing is gained by screaming and yelling, so don't do it. Show her you love her often and tell her you love her more than that. Find things you have common interests in and enjoy those things together but don't forget it is also important for you both to have something "healthy" to enjoy without the other (by healthy I mean, don't go out drinking and bar hopping with your buddies...that leaves the door open for too many questions). If/when you have kids, don't forget that the two of you were a couple first and it's important to focus on each other from time to time. Make new memories and try new things as a couple. Most importantly, enjoy life and enjoy spending it with her.

In my first marriage being young ignorant and materialistic was part of the problem. The other problem was all them reptiles in my first wife's head constantly tryin to escape. This time around has been different because I was old enough to realize it's not all about ME trying to stash money and sneak another pistol in the house hoping the old lady wouldn't notice. As much as I want to finish projects or buy new stuff it's not important. If I got $10.00 the old lady gets $5.00. Because I know she would do the same.
so how many hi points do you have now! LOL..same here .50 of each dollar !!!

Back
Top Bottom