• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Micro Carry?

Cool thread. Really interested to know, and please answer honestly... how many daily carry people carry with range ammo?

Cool thread. Really interested to know, and please answer honestly... how many daily carry people carry with range ammo?

I don't cc with range ammo myself but i know that some folks do.

Here’s another favorite cc....

F1683119-AA5F-496F-B881-4165DB8BB2D8.jpeg

Forget all these big mamma-jammas for home invaders.

When I put ten in between your eyes it won't even matter what the caliber is...

IMG_0500.JPG

Dangit...nevermind. Don't carry the .22, just use it on the nightstand...

I don't really carry a mousegun anymore.
The J-frame S&W .38 snubby with +P ammo is as low as I've gone in years.
I had to sell all my NAA mini revolvers to stop myself from carrying them daily and leaving all my real guns at home. It's so easy to pack something that small, and ditto for my other small pocket pistols:

KelTec P32

High Standard DM-101 double action .22 magnum derringer.

I will still take the Kel-Tec out when I have to have truly deep concealment, such as at a pool party or something where I can't use even a tuckable hybrid holster nor a pocket holster on the .38 snubby.
But those days are few and far between.

Forget all these big mamma-jammas for home invaders.

When I put ten in between your eyes it won't even matter what the caliber is...

... Don't carry the .22, just use it on the nightstand...

Sometimes the excellent qualities of the weapon itself can, in my mind, make up for the weak round it uses.
I actually did "carry" (vehicle, home, place of business) a Ruger 10/22 with a short stock and a 16" barrel (14.5" cut-off with an M16 bird cage welded on permanently). Loaded with a 25-round magazine that was 100% reliable with ammo like CCI's Mini Mags, and with the rifle wearing a red dot sight, it was fast and deadly. Each round may lack stopping power, but I could dump 5 rounds into the target in 1-point-something seconds, with a grapefruit-sized grouping.

My gun looked similar to this, just to give you an idea. Imagine the barrel a few inches longer, though:

SBR 10-22 folder.jpg

Just curious if many on here Micro Carry.

I prefer to tote my G19 and a spare mag or even my G41. I've owned and shot a bunch of different platforms and given a choice to carry all I am impressed with the little Kahr CW380 the most for budget/function/performance features.

I find it much softer to shoot vs the bodyguard and the lcp and the sight picture is actually visible. The trigger has a long pull and reset but for pocket carry and no safety... it works for me. Especially for Deep Concealed Carry where you wanna go lightweight and run an errand.

I know there are nicer pocket pistols out their as I've probably shot one or two of them and honestly for the price the little Kahr does work.

This is not a thread about .380 vs .45acp as we all know given a choice to carry it's go big or go home. This is more about leaving the regular heavy gear home and going in comfort and keeping it very simple.
s&w 37 airweight

Back
Top Bottom