• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Micro Carry?

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
218   0
Reaction score
Just curious if many on here Micro Carry.

I prefer to tote my G19 and a spare mag or even my G41. I've owned and shot a bunch of different platforms and given a choice to carry all I am impressed with the little Kahr CW380 the most for budget/function/performance features.

I find it much softer to shoot vs the bodyguard and the lcp and the sight picture is actually visible. The trigger has a long pull and reset but for pocket carry and no safety... it works for me. Especially for Deep Concealed Carry where you wanna go lightweight and run an errand.

I know there are nicer pocket pistols out their as I've probably shot one or two of them and honestly for the price the little Kahr does work.

This is not a thread about .380 vs .45acp as we all know given a choice to carry it's go big or go home. This is more about leaving the regular heavy gear home and going in comfort and keeping it very simple.

Basically I carry my LCP or I dont carry. My Glock 19 is a hassle. I know it is not tough to tote for many, and I am about to buy a 2nd Glock 19, but for me its about 1,000 more a PITA than my LCP.

I couldn't get past the grip safety on the XDS's- had both 9 and 45

They also seemed a little too aggressive on the front strap checkering for me. I could shoot the lights out with them but never melted in my hand and that's a big deal for me.

The best firearm is the one you have on you. Like most here I have several choices, but honestly I find myself carrying a bodyguard more than anything. Front pocket or in a wallet holster.

I LOVED the Sig P938 and shot it probably the best out of all the smaller pistols out of the box. The rubber grip did melt in my hand and recoil was non existent.

The only issue I had was the single action with safety. The safety would drop on occasion with one in the chamber while holstered and that was a pretty eerie feeling knowing a loaded single action is hot and the safety disengages at random....

Glock 42 for the win. The Hornady 90 Grain XTP is the first and, as far as I know, the only 380 round that meets the FBI standards of performance for a self defense round.

I carry my Taurus TCP everywhere. I usually have a Sig 239,226 on me as well when I can.
But the TCP is accurate, dependable (eats anything I load) and easy to carry and goes with me EVERYWHERE.

Back
Top Bottom