• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone not eat breakfast before deer hunt?

We hunt out of a shooting house 16' high, Stop by Bojangles pick up 3 orders of 2 for $3.00 - $3.50 ham biscuits,Only eat (1) per morning, that way we have enough for five more days breakfast and hunting, warm them up on the grill inside the stand, and 30 oz cup of coffee and we are good to go. Have a sandwich and water at lunch about 1:00 P.M., come out of stand about 30-45 minutes after dark. Go home get a bowl of homemade vegetable soup, cornbread. Wipe down my friends borrowed gun with oiled rag and get ready for the next morning.. Requires less investment expense, using his gun...

Start all over the next day. Hunt all day long when we hunt.

If you're looking to economize just substitute the wrapper from the Bojangles biscuits for the oily rag. Your friend's borrowed gun won't know the difference.

I usually get up well before daylight... Have a cup of coffee, eat a small protein bar, piss/poop, shower, and then dress. In before sunrise and sit till 10:30 or so, depending on activity. Come out, change clothes and figure out what we're doing for brunch. Unless I got my kiddos... Then it's a whole different routine.

I eat what I want to for breakfast or sometimes just coffee. I spit snuff and pee several times a morning or evening. Yep. Right outa the Treelounge. Killed 3 fine 8-pointers in two days last year doing all that. Been doing that for 50+ years. Killed over 200 deer.You guys been reading too many magazines written by yankees.

I eat breakfast, or eat some granola bars and trail mix during the drive.
If I have to poop, so be it. So far, it hasn't happened yet. If I have to drop a deuce around 10 a.m. or after, I'll pack it up for the morning, go to a restaurant, do something else for the hottest part of the day, and come back in the early evening to be in the stand an hour before sunset.

Being hungry makes me impatient, and when I'm impatient I start thinking about shooting squirrels, buzzards, the cows in the field a mile up the road...

You know how every year some dumb S.O.B. shoots at a some unknown thing moving through the heavy brush? That's a hungry hunter, wanting to either kill his lunch or get his deer killing over with so he can chow down at the Awful Waffle.
I'm not going to be one of those guys.
I'll do my huntin' well-fed and with my mind at ease.

I pack a lot of snacks a Coke and a camelback. I might have a muffin or doughnut before. No way am I eating a Waffle House meal and making it through noon. My best deer always come around lunchtime. I do my best to not smell up the woods. Chili really isn't the best deer camp food.

I sleep in. Get a biscuit from the gas station up the street. 32oz of coffee. I the get a speed stack at the gym. After my workout, I go to work. Afterward, I stop by the stock yard to pick up a couple of nice thick steaks. I grill them making sure to burn the **** out of mine. A good day hunting.

Back
Top Bottom