• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone notice that very few pistols are actually selling?

after my last boating accident when I went to wash all my weapons and was forced to swim ashore when the boat sank, I can't afford to buy replacements :doh:

I bought $15 worth of groceries yesterday, they cost $45 --
Things don't cost too much, it is your money is worthless -- Liberal spending has not helped --

I don't understand not responding or selling to a newbi or all the hoops to jump through to buy your weapon-- I just require cash --
"liberal spending" is newspeak for gubmint theft of the purchasing power of the fiat usd one is holding...in thier wallets, their bank accounts, etc.. Another word for spending is dilution. .... because that is what the creation of money out of nothing does when spent. It dilutes the purchasing power of all the fiat usd in circulation. It is a theft.

We were warned

Sir Josiah Stamp, president of the Rothschild Bank of England and the second richest man in Britain in the 1920s, said the following in 1927 at the University of Texas:

“The modern Federal Reserve banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again. Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the Federal Reserve bankers continue to create money and control credit.”

I've got a sig p938 up for sale for awhile. Cool lil micro nine on a 1911 platform. Bought it for 700, added 250 dollars worth of accessories and am selling it for 750. I did initially have it overpriced, but now I have it ridiculously underpriced and I can't seem to sell it. Had one guy, brand new, no feedback, no GAWL offer to buy it. Asked if he was a fellon, haven't heard from him since. Other than him, bunch a bs trade offers. One guy offered me a desk....
I like the gun. Only reason I wanna sell is to buy a CSX, but it's looking like l'm just gonna keep it.
It's crazy!

When it comes to classifieds on pre-owned guns here in out classifieds it's all about 3 things like that insurance commercial.

Number 1. PRICE
Number 2. PRICE
Number 3. PRICE

You figure nobody will ship one so driving more that 10-20 miles is really all someone will drive for a pre-owned gun. Any more than that the gas will eat you up not to mention traffic and aggravation of logistics and being stiffed. Plus the prices on here are so high you can damn near buy a new one. So why buy someone else's gun that you have now idea of the round count and if it was kept up and cleaned in a professional manner. Most intelligent gun buyers are spending the extra to get new, unfired guns and they know the gun will be taken care of from day one. To many guys are pricing their pre-owned pieces up there just to try and upgrade without taking a hit on theirs. Sorry to say that doesn't work. Especially on lower priced readily available models. Just a thought. Not that it applies in all cases but a lot of them maybe.

I trade/sell guns I no longer want or use to gun/pawn shops for something else I want or can use. What I get on trade is applied toward the gun I want and then I will put the balance on layaway...... 90 days same as cash. I have bought a lot of nice guns like this without putting any strain on my finances or going into credit card debt.

I find it much easier and convenient to deal locally than on ODT. However , ODT is great for seeing what guns are out there that you never knew existed. So when you stumble upon something at the pawn shop you may have an idea of what you are looking at.

So, I've had my M&P listed here for the last 2 weeks, and have discounted it to ridiculousness. Still no interest (other than newbies, who for many reasons I won't sell to). I did a search for 9mm pistols here, and noticed that just about everyone seems to be getting zero response to their listings. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an absence of buyers for handguns? I go back to CR in a few days, if it's not sold I'll just give it to a friend. But this is just weird. Anyone else notice this dynamic, or am I crazy?
It's the economy. People need money, but are trying to get way too much for their glocks. WAIT FOR A MASS GLUT OF INVENTORY, then you will never get what you want. Put a realistic price on your guns and sell them before they are worthless. It seems a number of people on this site is how they make a their money and consider this a job. Go get a life and job! Prices will drop as inventory increases. 1500 for a glock...dumb asses.

Back
Top Bottom