• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone notice the Muscadines falling already

Zforzachariah14

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Went and checked a few of my cameras and seen a lot of muscadines already on the ground and some already ate/chewed on the ground. I'm guessing the 1 mere day of rain in June and very limited amount in July is the cause? At this rate, at least you can narrow it down to Acorns and natural foliage to bow hunt.

Reactions: Nat
I don't know if I have ever seen so many muscadine. They are in clusters all over the vines and some of them are almost ripe. It is a bit early still, but this year's crop is going to be outstanding.

I don't know if I have ever seen so many muscadine. They are in clusters all over the vines and some of them are almost ripe. It is a bit early still, but this year's crop is going to be outstanding.

There aren't as many this year as last year where I'm at, but they all are purple already in the places I've seen them.

Went and checked a few of my cameras and seen a lot of muscadines already on the ground and some already ate/chewed on the ground. I'm guessing the 1 mere day of rain in June and very limited amount in July is the cause? At this rate, at least you can narrow it down to Acorns and natural foliage to bow hunt.
That seems to be the case at my place (Banks county). If the summer is light on rain, they drop/abort early. Happening again this year.
I might have also lost my heaviest producing persimmon tree this year. I REALLY hope not. That tree, more than any others was an absolute magnet through at least the first half of the season. For some reason they always hung late on that tree.

I'm curious to see how the acorn crop is this year... Last year I could fill everyone's house there were so many white oaks and red oaks. It was so bad that you literally had to be careful walking up hills or you would bust your butt. deer and bear could lay in one spot and eat for the whole month.

Back
Top Bottom