• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone notice the Muscadines falling already

I'm curious to see how the acorn crop is this year... Last year I could fill everyone's house there were so many white oaks and red oaks. It was so bad that you literally had to be careful walking up hills or you would bust your butt. deer and bear could lay in one spot and eat for the whole month.
What sucks is the place I was hunting there wasn't hardly any.

I'm curious to see how the acorn crop is this year... Last year I could fill everyone's house there were so many white oaks and red oaks. It was so bad that you literally had to be careful walking up hills or you would bust your butt. deer and bear could lay in one spot and eat for the whole month.

What sucks is the place I was hunting there wasn't hardly any.
White Oaks produce heavily every third year and a crop of note every other year. The big crop at my place was year before last. It looks about 'average' this year at my place.

It was an early spring, so the trees and plants are running ahead of schedule. The chinese cherry in my front yard (that gets plenty of water) is already losing its leaves...

White Oaks produce heavily every third year and a crop of note every other year. The big crop at my place was year before last. It looks about 'average' this year at my place.

Yeah I couldn't remember if they ran 2 year cycle or every third year. Are red oaks and water/Penn oaks the same? It hurts hunters when there are as many acorns as last year for hunting but helps the deer.

Yeah I couldn't remember if they ran 2 year cycle or every third year. Are red oaks and water/Penn oaks the same? It hurts hunters when there are as many acorns as last year for hunting but helps the deer.
Here you go. http://bowsite.com/bowsite/features/armchair_biologist/acorns/acorns.html

Now remember, in theory, less of an acorn crop should have them moving MORE.
Year before last when the ground was covered at my place, there was notably less sightings.

Back
Top Bottom