• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone recommend the Trueshot Stabilizer for mini 14?

hdsailorman

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
66   0
Reaction score
Looking to improve accuracy on my Mini 14. Accu-Strut, Mo Rod or Trueshot?? Trueshot is about half the cost of accu-strut so want to hear from folks on what they have used and your results, good and bad.

I'll ask my dad if he remembers which one he tried. It didn't really improve accuracy on his. He wound up selling the rifle. We tried soooooo many different types of ammo and the thing just wouldn't shoot

I have a friend who fitted an accustrut to his old Mini 14. He thought it improved the accuracy.

I told him to sell it and buy a new 580- serial number Mini 14 which would solve all his problems.

I think to get the true accuracy potential of the mini-14 you need to send it to this guy.

My buddy's mini-14 is minute of pie plate at 100 yards on a good day, off a rest, with match ammo, and no wind.

I have no great expectations concerning the mini 14 and its accuracy, especially compared to a good AR 15, which I have. Just want to get it as close to minute of small milk jug as possible...lol.
I keep it in case they ban those "evil black guns".
Sounds like the struts help most when barrel heats up to keep accuracy more consistent.

I have no great expectations concerning the mini 14 and its accuracy, especially compared to a good AR 15, which I have. Just want to get it as close to minute of small milk jug as possible...lol.
Sounds like the struts help most when barrel heats up to keep accuracy more consistent.
Sorry bud. The mini is specifically named on the list of banned weapons

Even dropping $800 into it like the posted link says they only guarantee sub 2 MOA performance. I couldn’t imagine the accustrut significantly helping in anyway. If anything you don’t want something touching the barrel to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom