• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Rethinking Their "One Common Caliber" Policy Now?

Not really. At the rate I've been shooting (very little), My small stash could last me 5 years.

But I haven't had a problem finding .22 .223 .40 when looking for it. Thanks to the awesome gentlemen who post in the steals and deals section!

the main problem I had was I did more buying/selling/trading in the last few years just to see what I wanted. I was a bit stupid to think nothing like this would happen so my reserves were never to much. wasn't until about the beginning of this past summer that I really started to gather. now I do have more than enough to go to the range the same amount of times I did last year but I definitely don't have enough to go every week. really want to get into reloading as just a hobby but also to help build upon what iv already got but im limited in space and really have no where to set up. now, since its harder to find some of the guns I want and ammo, im focused mainly on odd caliber guns that I see ammo for everywhere and maybe being dabbling into the class 3 world a bit.

Not making any switches. I might have thought about the switch if I was a 9mm guy but have always been a .40 guy. I reload so it has been fine for me but, all I see on shelves is .40 so even if I didn't I think I would be ok. I love my round and glad it worked out for me.

I find 50 round boxes of CBC 7.62x51mm in almost every shop I go to for $35-38 at any given time. I've been buying 100 rounds every Friday for the last 4 months for $30 a box at my LGS.

With things being how they are today, it's once again a testament to the old "The best laid plans of mice and men".

Where's those crystal balls when we really need them?

I mainly shot .22lr, 9mm, .223, and 7,62x39 because it was cheap, .15-.35 a round. I have a decent stock, but I haven't been shooting near as much because it's so hard to replace. It's amazing that I can shoot greek surplus '06 for cheaper than steel .223, as far as replacing it is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom