• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANYONE SEEN THE 2025 Subaru BAJA?

wildbill1973z28

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
161   1
Reaction score
wife will be in need by the time it get here
and if it looks like the pictures! not electric!
but it’s gas!
should be able to haul a bag of dog food!

Attachments

• IMG_4276.png
    IMG_4276.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 133
I like the way it looks, and I like the idea of the Subaru all wheel drive - I just don't like the execution.

I have one buddy with a 2019 Forrester: New lower ball joints at 50K miles, new A/C compressor at 55K miles - neither under warranty. Replacing the ball joints is so common Autozone has the lower control arm assemblies IN STOCK. When we replaced the lower control arms I got a good look at everything under it, and it's not what I would call "robust". Subaru wanted $1200 to replace the compressor; we replaced it and the condenser for $300.

Another friend had a 2015 Subaru that needed a new engine at 52K because of massive oil consumption. He took it to them at 49K complaining about oil consumption and they convinced him to do an oil consumption test; they change the oil, weigh the oil going in, then 3K miles later weigh the oil coming out. They determined, yep, you need a new engine. But... Your warranty expired at 50K miles, so our warranty doesn't cover it now. He called the extended warranty service, and they said that they didn't cover it either since Subaru knew about it at 49K miles.

Two other friends have older Subaru's, and both of them leak oil like crazy as well, but at least they leak it and not burn it.

So, for me, I'll pass.

I like the way it looks, and I like the idea of the Subaru all wheel drive - I just don't like the execution.

I have one buddy with a 2019 Forrester: New lower ball joints at 50K miles, new A/C compressor at 55K miles - neither under warranty. Replacing the ball joints is so common Autozone has the lower control arm assemblies IN STOCK. When we replaced the lower control arms I got a good look at everything under it, and it's not what I would call "robust". Subaru wanted $1200 to replace the compressor; we replaced it and the condenser for $300.

Another friend had a 2015 Subaru that needed a new engine at 52K because of massive oil consumption. He took it to them at 49K complaining about oil consumption and they convinced him to do an oil consumption test; they change the oil, weigh the oil going in, then 3K miles later weigh the oil coming out. They determined, yep, you need a new engine. But... Your warranty expired at 50K miles, so our warranty doesn't cover it now. He called the extended warranty service, and they said that they didn't cover it either since Subaru knew about it at 49K miles.

Two other friends have older Subaru's, and both of them leak oil like crazy as well, but at least they leak it and not burn it.

So, for me, I'll pass.
i get it man ! I’m driving a 2020 Chevy 1500 30 L diesel I’ve already had to put a transmission in it been to the shop five or six times so you’re ****ed either way you turn

Back
Top Bottom