• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANYONE SEEN THE 2025 Subaru BAJA?

Well crap…..they could have imagined something a little more manly , or decent IMO 🙄

Looks like a “Barbie” truck or something

I like the way it looks, and I like the idea of the Subaru all wheel drive - I just don't like the execution.

I have one buddy with a 2019 Forrester: New lower ball joints at 50K miles, new A/C compressor at 55K miles - neither under warranty. Replacing the ball joints is so common Autozone has the lower control arm assemblies IN STOCK. When we replaced the lower control arms I got a good look at everything under it, and it's not what I would call "robust". Subaru wanted $1200 to replace the compressor; we replaced it and the condenser for $300.

Another friend had a 2015 Subaru that needed a new engine at 52K because of massive oil consumption. He took it to them at 49K complaining about oil consumption and they convinced him to do an oil consumption test; they change the oil, weigh the oil going in, then 3K miles later weigh the oil coming out. They determined, yep, you need a new engine. But... Your warranty expired at 50K miles, so our warranty doesn't cover it now. He called the extended warranty service, and they said that they didn't cover it either since Subaru knew about it at 49K miles.

Two other friends have older Subaru's, and both of them leak oil like crazy as well, but at least they leak it and not burn it.

So, for me, I'll pass.

I loved the idea of Subaru until a 2016 model we had, had massive oil consumption issues. Had the engine overhauled twice by 22,000 mi under warranty. After the second overhaul I drove it right to CarMax and sold it. I really don't think it is correct to check the oil every other gas fill up on a brand new vehicle as I was told. When I first bought this vehicle new, at less than 4,000 mi it already burnt up a quart of oil.

Hey friend of mine got a Subaru outback I think about a 2016 and a drove a short time only had 91,000 on it and the transmission went out so they went to get it rebuilt and they told you don’t rebuild a Subaru transmission you just replace it so they got another replacement and that one lasted 4000 miles so they’re on the second one so that piece of junk is on its way out the door.

Hey friend of mine got a Subaru outback I think about a 2016 and a drove a short time only had 91,000 on it and the transmission went out so they went to get it rebuilt and they told you don’t rebuild a Subaru transmission you just replace it so they got another replacement and that one lasted 4000 miles so they’re on the second one so that piece of junk is on its way out the door.
Did they get a free pair of Birkenstocks and a COEXIST sticker.

I had the old brat, it was worthless as a truck, but it was so much fun to drive. called it my go-cart with a cab drove the piss out of it till we trashed the engine ... bought a junk yard motor that was bad so I got mad and gave it away...... but have always wished I had kept it.

Back
Top Bottom