• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone using stainless tumbling?

b.a.customkydex

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
54   0
Reaction score
Anyone have a stainless steel tumbling set up? I have some brass that I'd like to run thru some stainless media to see how it turns out.

If you'd be willing to let me run a batch they I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'd be glad to let you run a batch through mine, but I'm a LONG way from you, I can tell you that they are by far the best thing to come along for brass cleaning. Nothing even comes close, never need to replace the media and the job it does is incredible. I have the Thumlers Tumbler, bought the whole set-up from a company called Stainless Tumbling Media . Com . . . . .you won't be disappointed. Buy the reloaders special kit. Hope this helps.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on they're kit The only drawback is the capacity. 160-200 .223. That's five loads at 3-4 hours a load for 1k brass. The 40 pound unit will handle 1k per load but it's $800.00. For that kind of investment I'd go into the brass prep biz.

Drop a few of them in a small flat rate postal box and send em to me, I'll send em back looking like the day they came from the factory. If you wanna do that, PM me and I'll give you my address.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on they're kit The only drawback is the capacity. 160-200 .223. That's five loads at 3-4 hours a load for 1k brass. The 40 pound unit will handle 1k per load but it's $800.00. For that kind of investment I'd go into the brass prep biz.

I usually run about three hundred 223 at a time. I put mine on a timer before I go to bed and the next morning they're ready and you don't have to worry about turning them off.

You can buy just the media from them, I was gonna build my own, but after I priced out the tank, motor , pulleys, etc and the time of ****in' with it, I just figured it was best to buy it.

I usually run about three hundred 223 at a time. I put mine on a timer before I go to bed and the next morning they're ready and you don't have to worry about turning them off.

That's over loading the 15 lb capacity of the tumbler. 5 pounds of media, 8 pounds of water (1 gal). That leaves only 2 pounds for brass. At 97.35 grains per case, there are 71.9 cases per pound. Round to 72.0 cases per pound times two = 144. I'm not an engineer but three hundred cases is over double that. I would be concerned about motor life. And drum life, other drive parts.

Back
Top Bottom