• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone with Tommy Built experience?

FLcracker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
125   0
Reaction score
I recently purchase a TB UMP clone. Got the 10mm version. They forget to include a part I ordered and paid for. Will teach me to order any "additional" items with a firearm?? Just wait and order them separately. In the overall scheme of things, it was not an expensive add on part, especially compared to the gun itself, but I have written to them twice, via their e-mail contact page, and have received NO answer?? Over a week now with no replies. Is this normal?

They don't provide any phone number, which is becoming more the norm now. Is he one of those guys that thinks a $3,000 sale is nothing to worry about?? I know he is a big toy guy, with plenty of money dropped into his own entertainment. You see them in his videos. How big is their staff? A bit disappointed now, as the service has been non existent?? What if this was an issue with the gun? Will I get any reply out of them?

So he did my USC to UMP conversion back in 2018. He called to talk to me about the build I wanted and was really nice over all. Now the ump wasn't perfect. Paint faded the first time in MS summer and you really have to use some force to get the lower off for cleaning. Not sure why this is, but it doesn't have any malfunctions. So it's not a length issue from the ump receiver being fused to the USC receiver. Over all, it works so fingers cross it stays that way.

My problem is since he has gotten "big". It seems the over all quality has gone down. Bought a t36 receiver from him and had a good bit of flaking on some of the edges, not a huge deal, but I was expecting more for a 1k receiver.

UMP
myump.jpg

T36 uneven cut and flake
20231113_123722.jpg

Well SURPRISE, SURPRISE!

I never heard squat via e-mail, but a Priority package arrived today with the receipt I asked for (don't get one with the purchased firearm??) and the missing part. So Tommy Built has come thru. Thank you for that.

And thanks for the replies I received. I guess I just had to be a little more patient....

Lack of CS is super common in smaller operations that are the only provider. I see it a ton in the car world (specifically landcruisers). When you run out of patience or excuses just get your CC or bank (if you used a debit card) involved and they settle things.

Back
Top Bottom