• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Apple is kinda screwing me.

My iphone 5 was crashing like crazy the other day, and when my battery died, my phone went with it. It would loop the boot up screen over and over and never get anywhere.

yesterday I made my way to an apple store. Got there at 5:10pm or so. Got to talk to someone, and the guy says this is the first time he's seen this. He does a few little tricks, none of them work. He gets an error code he has never seen, and starts googling it. No results. Looks up my serial number on my phone, and says I'm 11 days out of warranty. Says I can buy a new one from them for $270. I ask if there is anything else he can do, he says no, I say thanks and walk away.

After some pondering, I went back. Spoke with a new guy. He tells me he knows what's wrong and can get it fixed quickly. My hopes are up. I told him I already met with a guy and he couldn't do anything and he said "no problem." He said dozens of phones came in earlier with the same problem and they were able to fix them. He claimed the new iOS 7.2 was the cause because it's made for the new 5s and the 5c, not the 5, 4s or 4 (which were all the phones he's been having to fix).

After forever, he can't do anything. He gives me the whole shpeal about how I'm out of warranty and he personally cant do anything. I ask to talk to someone who might be able to make it happen, and so the manager comes out. She's trying to explain to me that even though the new iOS was the cause of my phone killing itself, because my manufactures warranty is up, they can't do anything.

I could totally understand if this was inflicted on my part, and I damaged my phone, but I've been having battery problems for months. I got the new update in hopes of fixing that. Then the new update was buggy as heck, so I got the updated version of it, and now it causes my phone to crash. So, how is this my fault? I'm not blaming the lady at the store either, but come on, both you and the tech claimed it was the new iOS that's causing this and how you have been seeing this problem over and over the last few days.

As I walked out of the store at 8:30pm with a still broken phone I decided I think I'm done with apple. I like the phones, but if they're going to be making malicious software, forcing us to use it, and causing my property to break without any willingness to make repairs or amends, I don't want your products.

/rant from a frustrated, phoneless, driving aimlessly without a GPS, with no access to the world when I'm not at home once upon a time customer.

Samsung Galaxy S III Or Nexus 4 + Straight Talk = Problem sovled

I see you're in Canton, drive to Cumming and visit "The Avenues" where Academy Sports is located... around the corner is PeachMac... As long as you can duplicate the problem (or prove there is one) they will give you a new phone. I went through a phone replacement in the summer, really good people there... at least for me.

I see you're in Canton, drive to Cumming and visit "The Avenues" where Academy Sports is located... around the corner is PeachMac... As long as you can duplicate the problem (or prove there is one) they will give you a new phone. I went through a phone replacement in the summer, really good people there... at least for me.

Was your phone under the manufactures warranty (1 yr from purchase date)?

I've spent a lot of time at Apple and ATT this weekend, and I see sales people selling lifeproof cases to these customers. I keep wanting to interrupt and let them know Apple's going to ruin the phone from the inside if you protect it from the outside. Lol.

Is it a coincidence Apple released iOS7 exactly a little over a year from the release of the iphone 5? Maybe to cause malfunctions after most warranties have been voided and save their pockets... It's also strange every update Apple makes is 6.66 MB

I've spent a lot of time at Apple and ATT this weekend, and I see sales people selling lifeproof cases to these customers. I keep wanting to interrupt and let them know Apple's going to ruin the phone from the inside if you protect it from the outside. Lol.

Is it a coincidence Apple released iOS7 exactly a little over a year from the release of the iphone 5? Maybe to cause malfunctions after most warranties have been voided and save their pockets... It's also strange every update Apple makes is 6.66 MB

From my former AT&T Customer service representative: "Sir, if you read your terms of service, we are not contractually obligated to provide you service."

Back
Top Bottom