• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aquarium this weekend

Was there two weeks ago on a Saturday. No pistols and no knives allowed. Went through the metal detectors.

So, instead of driving down from South Gwinnett, we ubered both ways. This way I did not have to hassle with parking and walking far as well as worrying about securing my weapons in a vehicle.

Yea that’s the thing. I don’t want to be in ATL with no way to defend myself and girlfriend due to the high level of violent crime. Doesn’t sound like a fun Saturday.
You'll be fine. Park close, secure your weapon properly or hide it really, really well. Go in and have a good time.

If you can't get something in then neither can anyone else. Stay aware of your surroundings and know where the exits are just in case. Get back to your POV and strap back up before you leave the parking deck/lot. You know, normal everyday good habits for personal security.

They used to have lockers at security office to store your weapon, my BIL had to go that route a few years back. Don't know more than that. Maybe a good time to invest in a car vault.
I’ve been looking for a car vault for my console so it’s secured to the vehicle itself and there doesn’t seem to be anything for my vehicle. I miss my truck. I could have put a big vault under the back seat of the truck. I’m not comfortable with just putting a lock box under the seat. That’s as useful as just leaving the firearm in the glove box and hoping it’s secure. Irresponsible in my opinion

You won't get any weapons into the Aquarium if security is like it was when I went at the end of last year. They had security on par with most major sporting events. One at a time, walk through metal detectors and wands.

Secure it in the car (I wouldn't go into ATL without being armed) so leaving it at home isn't an option.
Yeah, they even checked the diaper bag we brought with us.

The one in Tennessee is better, and there's less traffic. Feels safer too.

Agreed. I would much rather make the 2 hour trip (for me) to Chattanooga than the 1 hour trip to Sh**lanta. Chattanooga is SO much better. Plus, you walk right in with your handgun instead of leaving it in your car for a youf to steal.

Back
Top Bottom