• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aquarium this weekend

go to Chattanooga. We took the family, stayed in a hotel basically across the parking lot, and besides for the terrible rain we had the whole time, it was nice. My kids and my concealed carry got in no problem

Agreed. I would much rather make the 2 hour trip (for me) to Chattanooga than the 1 hour trip to Sh**lanta. Chattanooga is SO much better. Plus, you walk right in with your handgun instead of leaving it in your car for a youf to steal.

I personally don’t care but just a FYI in Tennessee “Possession of a firearm on posted property in violation of such signs meeting the above requirements is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine only of $500.”

Good grief guys....the Aquarium is in arguably the safest part of Atlanta. My eight year old daughter went there a few weeks ago on a field trip. I've been countless times. Park on Luckie Street in one of the many manned parking lots, walk across the street, and boom; you're there. It's not Jalalabad, boys...no need to jock up just to see the fishies.

The one in Chattanooga is nice, but it's got nothing on the one here. See both if you're into aquariums. The one in Chattanooga does have several large arapeima. That alone was worth the trip for me.

Also, as Safecracka said, no weapons signs in TN do carry the weight of law. It's not like here in GA where you are just asked to leave. You can be arrested on the spot. Do with that information what you will.

Everybody all worried about guns. I'm just feeling sorry for you for having to go to the aquarium on a Saturday. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Go early and be gone by noon. We went on Saturday May 14th, and it seems like the gates of hell opened up with the onslaught of people @12:30-1:30.

Go early and be gone by noon. We went on Saturday May 14th, and it seems like the gates of hell opened up with the onslaught of people @12:30-1:30.
I'm not willing to risk it myself. I said the last time we went on a Saturday that I'd never do it again. I meant it.

I actually met a guy in Atlanta for an ODT deal on the way there. Told him him where we were headed and he pleaded with me to turn just around and just go home. "Good God, don't do it to yourself man" I believe were his words. I just kind of laughed. I should NOT have laughed. I definitely wasn't laughing that afternoon.

Ga aquarium sucks any way. I've been twice and both times there's so many people licking the dang tank windows at once and won't move, that you can't see crap. Drive her up to Gatlingburg for the weekend and go to Ripleys aquarium, it's much better.

I live down here, I've been turned away in multiple venues. Secure it. Be confident in your abilities and enjoy the show. I also carry a non metallic dagger for extreme circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom