Ar 15 gas ring

I've burned up a few gas rings and seen a few burnt up in other's ARs I've worked on, especially in short 5.56 barrels. Its a consumable part like brake pads on a car. Easy fix, invest a few bucks in some spares and don't look back.
Yuppp any ones better then others?

Just noticed that one of my gas rings in my Sbr is only about 60% there. How common is it to have to replace gas rings? I have less then 1000 rounds through this PSA premium BCG.
That's fast, even for a suppressed SBR. When I see gas rings getting chewed up that fast, I'm suspicious of the carrier. But the rings could have been subpar. Try a set from BCM. If they get chewed up just as quickly, try the McFarland one piece. And finally, if the issue continues to persist, get a new BCM or Colt carrier.

That's fast, even for a suppressed SBR. When I see gas rings getting chewed up that fast, I'm suspicious of the carrier. But the rings could have been subpar. Try a set from BCM. If they get chewed up just as quickly, try the McFarland one piece. And finally, if the issue continues to persist, get a new BCM or Colt carrier.
Means I gotta buy more stuff from BCM to justify the shipping.... Geeze.

Yeah, I know the carrier is the issue in my 5.45. It is an out of spec piece of trash that I am not sure why I haven't replaced already. I need to get on that.

Back
Top Bottom