• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ar-15 Questions

But that's just it, he's looking at owning more than one. I've got a couple of upper grade AR's, but for my deer hunting, varmint shooting, and paper punching, I have all different grades, many home built that work great. When I say home built, I'm not referring to pinning an upper to a lower. Much of what I love and shoot was either built, or reworked through and through by me.

There's nothing I can find to complain about with the PSA stuff. I've had excellent results with DTI stuff too.

But that's just it, he's looking at owning more than one. I've got a couple of upper grade AR's, but for my deer hunting, varmint shooting, and paper punching, I have all different grades, many home built that work great. When I say home built, I'm not referring to pinning an upper to a lower. Much of what I love and shoot was either built, or reworked through and through by me.

There's nothing I can find to complain about with the PSA stuff. I've had excellent results with DTI stuff too.

^This
http://www.classicfirearms.co/semi-auto rifles.htm has PSA complete M4s for $669.00 they include Magpul rear flip up.
Cant beat that anywhere!

A lot of people seem to be happy with their PSA gun's. I do know on certain models they use FN barrels which is nice. I don't own one so I can not comment on their quality or reliability personally.

You might want to look at Aim Surplus, they had matching R-Guns upper/lower for less that $200 for the set. I used one of those sand colored R-Guns sets to do a build last week. You can get parts for a fair price directly from DPMS. I used parts from DPMS, Numrich Arms, and even The Sportsman's Guide to build mine. There are so many places that sell AR parts, you don't have to buy from Daniel Defense to build a nice AR.

I suggest you get a copy of Shotgun News and see all the places that sell parts. I good magazine department in a supermarket should sell Shotgun News.

I will never understand how people get to thinking like this. You have figured out which brand is better and most likely why (cold hammer forged barrel that will last longer, chrome lined barrel that will last longer, MPI, HPT barrel that is stronger will last longer, a bolt that is MPI tested and shot peened so that it is more reliable and last longer) and still you will go a cheaper route. That to me is like saying "I need a boat to cross that river, I know that one there doesn't have a hole in it, but give me the boat WITH the hole in it instead". :crazy: If you are only going to own one rifle buy a quality one. Buy quality and cry once. It beats buying a cheap gun and having to upgrade parts here and there over time to keep it running/make it run. Over the long run you could have bought a better gun. If you are short on cash save what you need and buy it when you have it. Don't settle.

BCM (Bravo Company USA), Colt, Daniel Defense, LMT any of these.

I am going to settle right now since I hear now is the time to buy them in case they are banned later in the year. I want the Daniel Defense, but I also want to be smart with my money at this time. I can buy a cheap one now just so I have one and later on if I still feel the need to have it then I can get it when money is no issue.

Your boat theory is flawed by the way. If I am going to cross the river I will take the boat with a hole (short term use) and if I am going down the river I will take the one without the hole (long term use) :thumb:

I am going to settle right now since I hear now is the time to buy them in case they are banned later in the year. I want the Daniel Defense, but I also want to be smart with my money at this time. I can buy a cheap one now just so I have one and later on if I still feel the need to have it then I can get it when money is no issue.

Your boat theory is flawed by the way. If I am going to cross the river I will take the boat with a hole (short term use) and if I am going down the river I will take the one without the hole (long term use) :thumb:

Hurry buy your gun right now before the ban!!1!!111 Where I have heard this one before? That's right the 2008 election. Four years later and still no ban. Still though you better hurry, time is running out. Get them before they are all gone. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom