• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Build to benefit an a 3yr old with Leukemia (updated)

Big ole box of Mags showed up today. Along with an upper, BCG, barrel, nut, felt ring, a couple of buffer tubes and a stock. :)

I was sent a link to this thread from a friend and I want to say
All of you amaze me!!!

I am Ashlynn's grandfather. Our world was turned upside down when our daughter called us and told us that the preliminary diagnosis was leukemia and they were being transferred from the ER in Dahlonega to Scottish Rite. My wife and i took off to Scottish Rite and beat the ambulance there. As soon as Ashlynn arrived they confirmed the diagnosis and immediately took her to the ICU. I lost my my father to leukemia 10 years ago and I was watching my little princess die in front of me. I've lost other family members and been a cop for awhile. I have dealt with quite a lot but nothing has ever hit me this hard.

Just a little background... Nick, Ashlynn's dad was an over the road truck driver and had just changed jobs to be at home with his family more. He took a little bit of a pay cut but they were going to be ok. Of course there was the standard delay with the new family health insurance kicking in but what the heck, everybody was fine. Nobody had any health issues so nothing to worry about. Rebecca is a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful little girls that were soooo happy that daddy was going to be home every night. Then the storm that nobody saw coming hit. The insurance coverage has kicked in now but they have already incurred some very large hospital bills with the ER, ICU, chemo, blood transfusions etc...

I build a few ARs here and there for friends and just for fun. I had a friend donate 2 lowers that we could sell, raffle or something to help out Nick and Rebecca with their bills. In the meantime we had someone use Ashlynn's name and condition to "sell" t-shirts to help the family. This was an acquaintance of Rebecca's from middle school that Rebecca had not heard from in years and she turned out to be a scammer. With me being LEO of course we are pursuing charges against the scam artist and I have been busy with that on top of everything else. I had pretty much forgotten about the lowers. I knew they were out there and we might get a couple of hundred bucks to help out Nick and Rebecca with bills. I was really having a bad day when this thread was sent to me. I'm still amazed at the compassion of a group of folks that have never met me, my daughter or my grand-daughter.

I will never be able to thank each of you enough! You are really helping out a family that needs a hand. They are having to weather a storm that has hit them out of what was a beautiful blue sky. They have never asked for a handout from anyone and are a little more than embarrassed that they are having trouble with finances now because of something beyond their control. With the help of God, family, friends and the compassion of total strangers like you they will weather this storm too!

Wow I got way more long winded than I expected to but...

THANK YOU!!! To everyone for any little bit of help that you have provided. We ask for nothing more than prayers but truly appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

We may be a bunch of armchair-wannabe-know-it-all-jerks at times, but when it comes to someone in need, this group bands together like no other I have ever seen. I am quite sure your family is in the thoughts and prayers of most on this site. Thank you for your post!

Well, now that you know and the surprise factor is gone, you can come out to Monticello and help me put all of these parts together :)

********** UPDATES********************UPDATES******************

Ok, things are changing rapidly.

• A currently-anonymous company is donating 1 complete but totally BA rifle.
  • Skyguns is building 3 complete Rifles at their facility.
  • We have enough ODT privately donated parts to build 2 complete rifles now plus enough to build another if I can get another lower.

That puts us at an amazing 5-6 complete rifles to be sold / auctioned/ raffled for this little girl.

If anyone wants to put up another lower we can definitely finish ODT build #3

Back
Top Bottom