• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR GUYS - Can I free float a hand guard on a HBAR Bushmaster 20" A2 Service Rifle?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I need some free advice. LOL.

My Question:

Can I free float a hand guard on a HBAR BushMaster 20" A2 Service Rifle?

What Free Float hand Guard or Tube would you recommend?

Any AR Builders in Marietta? Anyone done this?

upload_2017-5-17_16-15-56.jpeg

That is awesome., Will it work on a HBAR ?Any special tools? Gas Block?
According to Brownells:
"Includes barrel nut, lock sleeve,sleeve,top and bottom forends,front sling swivel and all required hardware to mount it, gas tube, gas tube cross pin, instructions. No delta ring assembly included. This will work for barrels up to .960 under the handguards." So HBAR barrels are good to go!

It works with an Standard Front Sight base, either "F" marked or "rifle" height, but you will have to remove then reinstall the front sight base to mount the free float tube/HG.

CQB27 CQB27 I may actually order this. I am going to sling her up as issued and see how it goes before i upgrade the HG. I want to see if the POI really changes that much with the current sling swivel. I can live with a 2MOA or less HBAR no problem.

I built my NM AR15 with that setup. You have to cut the sling swivel base off the FSB, also the "end cap" is the triangle style, which still works, kind of ugly with the A2 handgaurd tabs sticking out though... The handgaurds will come gutted as info (no HS).

Installs with a normal barrel nut wrench, but you will need an old pin style spanner for the lock ring to tighten the free float tube up.

Last note.....it is heavy. I added a lead weight to my stock to stop it from nose diving.

Also, if you have snap ring pliers, you can save the delta ring assembly from you current upper.

Wallace's Wallace's I will probably ask one of you guys to do it, I am not a AR gunsmith by any means. Can i put together a M1 Garand. Yep. I know I know...Its probably easy but I would let someone who knows what they are doing do it.

CQB27 CQB27 I may actually order this. I am going to sling her up as issued and see how it goes before i upgrade the HG. I want to see if the POI really changes that much with the current sling swivel. I can live with a 2MOA or less HBAR no problem.

I bet with right ammo you will achieve 2MOA no problem. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom