• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR is double tapping all the sudden

More than likely it’s the disconnector and/or disconnector spring. Could be the hammer hook, depending upon what hammer you have.

Bring it by TruPrep and I should be able to fix it while you wait.
I would LOVE to come see you. But I won’t be in Marietta any time soon.

Thank you!

Take it to cmshoot cmshoot and make sure it is right. ATF has prosecuted people in the past for malfunctioning firearms discharging more than one round per pull.

Not common, and not likely, but not a change I’m willing to take.

Also if the gun is slam firing the second round, it runs the risk of an out of battery discharge which can be catastrophic to the gun and your head.
Saved me the trouble :thumb:

I've had AR's with fairly light and crisp 3 to 4 pound trigger pulls bump fire off my shoulder.

The Stock pushed back into my shoulder, compressed the flesh, and then bounced off as the flesh pushed the gun forward --and all that happened before I could release the trigger fully (I had only released it just barely enough to reset).

Which meant that when the gun pushed itself forward off my shoulder it pushed the trigger against my waiting trigger finger causing a second unintended shot that was just a fraction of a second behind the first one.

This! I believe this is what is happening. It happens at the top of reset and the sequence of actions adds up to it.

Only thing is I am not firing it any differently that before. Maybe 30-40 rnds after I came into possession of it this started happening.

Maybe I’m getting squishier.

Back
Top Bottom