ar penetrator?

woodstock

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
INCARCERATED. DO NOT FEED
77   0
Reaction score
Rather than pay through the nose for some penetrator ammo (like the xm855), have been looking for some to reload. So far no success, wideners had 5K per order of them for sale at one point, but even if available thats Way too much for me.

Anyone have a line on where I can buy some?

I would like some as well, but having gone through fronting the hassle of fronting a "group buy",
I encourage someone else to be the up-front on the next one!

I would be "IN" for taking 1,000 projectiles (not loaded ammo!) on a good deal ... Not in a hurry, willing to wait for a good deal!

What pill is that Clark? I'm about to order some 55 Gr FMJ but they are Remington
I'm really good in the 55GR FMJ's as I have a couple of thousand Hornady's that I have yet to load. I was referring to 62gr steel (core) penetrator bullets M855 being the Mil-Spec designation - They are not indoor-range-friendly - as they are designed to "penetrate" light steel crafted materials! If I were to pick-up a thousand, I would likely trade off half of them as I don't see me keeping more than 500 on hand.

Last edited:
i dont understand this fascination with "green tip",other than buying it when it was cheap and using it for range ammo there are better projectiles to use if you are going to the trouble of reloading.
i would stick with the 55grain fmj projectile over the 62 grain steel insert projectile.

I'm really good in the 55GR FMJ's as I have a couple of thousand Hornady's that I have yet to load. I was referring to 62gr steel (core) penetrator bullets M855 being the Mil-Spec designation - They are not indoor-range-friendly - as they are designed to "penetrate" light steel crafted materials! If I were to pick-up a thousand, I would likely trade off half of them as I don't see me keeping more than 500 on hand.

hmm, I guess with over 14,000 loaded lake city greentip I am over my quota, all I can say in my defense is my Aries belt fed likes to eat em up fast. I just bought a barrel of 12,500 rds. and need more to fill 20,000 links.

Back
Top Bottom