• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR rear sight riser

The front sight appears to a standard Front Sight Block of FSB. What it sounds like you're trying to do is called co-witness. That's when the red dot and sights align. There are two kinds of co-witnes: Absolute and 1/3. Absolute means the sights and the dots are aligned while 1/3 means the sights sit in the lower 1/3 of the red dot.

You'll need a "riser" to bring the red dot up to cowitness. Search for your "insert red dot name" riser. Like, MRO riser. Also, mount such as MRO mount. If you can't find what you're looking for toss in co-witness as well. MRO co-witness mount.

When we were test firing the weapon my friend who has done several builds used a term "Co-Witness" and I couldn't remember what it was. Now at least I can research it. Thanks for useful information. My other buddy (lifetime military) said several things in addition to the measurement suggestions.

"You want to bring the sights to your eyes, not your eyes to the sights. When you bring the weapon into battery, you want it to be the most natural extension of your arms, with both eyes looking straight ahead. It's the only way to utilize the sights and still maintain your natural line of vision."

Sounds like a man who knows.

When we were test firing the weapon my friend who has done several builds used a term "Co-Witness" and I couldn't remember what it was. Now at least I can research it. Thanks for useful information. My other buddy (lifetime military) said several things in addition to the measurement suggestions.

"You want to bring the sights to your eyes, not your eyes to the sights. When you bring the weapon into battery, you want it to be the most natural extension of your arms, with both eyes looking straight ahead. It's the only way to utilize the sights and still maintain your natural line of vision."

Sounds like a man who knows.

I recommend you attend an Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship clinic. Learn about Natural Point of Aim, the Steady Hold Factors, and the Six Steps of Firing a Shot. Then you can be a man who knows.

(Shameless plug)

"I recommend you attend an Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship clinic. Learn about Natural Point of Aim, the Steady Hold Factors, and the Six Steps of Firing a Shot. Then you can be a man who knows.

(Shameless plug)"

No shame in my mind. These guys very close to me so I hope to go here when the budget and my health allows.

http://www.4gtactical.com/

"I recommend you attend an Appleseed Rifle Marksmanship clinic. Learn about Natural Point of Aim, the Steady Hold Factors, and the Six Steps of Firing a Shot. Then you can be a man who knows.

(Shameless plug)"

No shame in my mind. These guys very close to me so I hope to go here when the budget and my health allows.

http://www.4gtactical.com/

I don't know anything about these guys, good or bad, but you can get two days at an Appleseed for about $60.

Taking your word at face value, and assuming Google results are 100% honest (which would be foolish), can you provide a any additional info?

Back
Top Bottom