• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR trigger

I am no operator but I love the feel (and hate the look) of the flat-bladed Geissele SD3G.

I use it for hunting, targets, plinking, everything.

It can be shot very fast too.

Well thats bass ackwards.

Not when you consider my background. The Sniper rifles I cut my teeth on all had single-stage triggers, and the 3-round-burst trigger in the M16A2 issued to the Corps feels like a 2-stage. The 3-round-burst trigger feels quite different from the standard, select-fire version.

Not when you consider my background. The Sniper rifles I cut my teeth on all had single-stage triggers, and the 3-round-burst trigger in the M16A2 issued to the Corps feels like a 2-stage. The 3-round-burst trigger feels quite different from the standard, select-fire version.
Ah. Love is Love.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Unless you are trying to shoot tiny groups at tiny targets, or just like spending money, consider the Palmetto State Armory EPT paired with a set of JP Enterprises 3.5lb enhanced reliability springs. Can't imagine wanting anything cleaner than this for an AR, and it's usually pretty dang cheap, but to each their own.

No love for the Timney triggers? Are they not comparable to the Geissele? I got the email as well and saw their 3lb trigger (single stage) was on sale.

No love for the Timney triggers? Are they not comparable to the Geissele? I got the email as well and saw their 3lb trigger (single stage) was on sale.
I don't think there's anything wrong with Timmy's or the vast majority of solid aftermarket AR triggers on the market for what 95% of people will be using them for. The number of triggers that I cannot find creep in is miniscule. It may not seem that way just trying triggers out but once you spend some time with them you wil be able to detect creep in most of them. However, in an AR platform gun creep is not a big deal unless you are anal retentive and the gun is playing a precision roll.

Geissele's are fast and crisp and have a very small amount of creep and have been proven in combat to be very durable and that's why they have the reputation that they have. I sold all of my Geissele triggers and bought ATC AR gold because the reset was shorter and I found less creep in them than Geissele. For me it was just as quick up close but I found it to be a better precision trigger. Others who tried it, preferred the Geissele. Triggers are highly personal.

Next, I tried the Triggertech Diamond AR drop-in trigger and in my main rifle I have swapped to it over the AR Gold. I never thought Geissele's had creep until the AR gold, and I never thought the AR Gold's had creep until the Triggertech Diamond. It is a very deep rabbit hole that quite frankly reaches a point of diminishing returns at probably around the $80 mark for all but the most discerning individuals. I am not skilled enough to take advantage of the differences but once you get used to a certain feel it's hard to go the other way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom