Ar15 trigger question

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
425   0
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my trigger to a crisper lighter trigger. Which one would be the best value for the money? Budget up to amount $250 thanks.

People swear by the Geissele, which is in your price range I think. I just used the 15 dollar JP spring kit in mine and polished the contact surfaces. Works great for me.

For that money you can buy 2 New Frontier Armory complete polymer lowers. One of the best triggers out there. Breaks like a rod of glass around 4.5 pounds. But that's probably not what you were wanting to hear....

There are plenty of AR experts here that have TONS more knowledge than I do.

For that money you can buy 2 New Frontier Armory complete polymer lowers. One of the best triggers out there. Breaks like a rod of glass around 4.5 pounds. But that's probably not what you were wanting to hear....

There are plenty of AR experts here that have TONS more knowledge than I do.

Good idea but its a colt 6920 so wanting to keep as much stock as I can. Thanks for help though.

I've used J&p springs, rock river, Wilson combat TTu, and Gisselle. J&P springs will make your pull lighter but that's about it. Rock river is good for the money. Wilson is great for a single stage but pricey. My overall favorite is the Geisele.

Last edited:
I love the CMC triggers. I had one in my 6.8 and just put another in my 300 build. Nice crisp single stage with 3.5# pull. They are under your budget as well. I have a an extra I might let go of if you want just PM me.

Thanks guys a lot of good ideas and thanks for offer but it will be a bit before I save the money up again lol. Just spent it all but I can't stand stock trigger so I'm determined.

I forgot to ask the important question, what's the main purpose of the rifle? If its a HD/ plinker you definitely don't want to get a trigger to light. As you mentioned, something with a crisp break, is an excellent start. Also, I love the consistency of pull wieght and breaking point w the RRA. Its tuned enough to do some serious paper punching and tough enough to do the job if and when the SHTF.

Back
Top Bottom