Archery - Bow Hunting For New hunters....

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a bow. My brother has a unbelievable piece of property in Roswell, GA. Bow only as you know since its Fulton County. We have seen old and young bucks and lots of does.

We already have a ladder stand set up and camera - Another Buddy hunts after work....I would go before work.

My question is what is a solid rig? Set/up. I DO Not want to spend a zillion bucks...

I am sure there are other hunters on here as well who would love all the info we can get.

I do rifle hunt my butt off but never with a bow.

THANK YOU ODT!

I just picked up a Diamond Infinate Edge and I like it a lot . It is pretty amazing. It is marketed as a kids or ladies bow but it is pretty much good for anyone. It adjusts in weight from 5 pounds to 70 pounds and a draw length from 13-30 inches. I picked up an older Martin speed flite from here a few weeks ago. Nothing wrong with the older bows they are just not as smooth or easy to draw. It just depends on your budget.

Be careful. Bow hunting is addictive. I shoot a diamond Marquis that I love! It's a 2009 model but it still shoots awesome. I have a Matthews Outback complete hunting rig I will make you a killer deal on. Just shoot me a message of you are interested

I am thinking about getting a bow. My brother has a unbelievable piece of property in Roswell, GA. Bow only as you know since its Fulton County. We have seen old and young bucks and lots of does.

We already have a ladder stand set up and camera - Another Buddy hunts after work....I would go before work.

My question is what is a solid rig? Set/up. I DO Not want to spend a zillion bucks...

I am sure there are other hunters on here as well who would love all the info we can get.

I do rifle hunt my butt off but never with a bow.

THANK YOU ODT!
first off, go to your local hunting store and get your draw length .. i would seriously look into used bows, you can get some really high dollar bows used fully set up .. or if you want new just about all cheaper priced bows are good bows for hunting deer and turkey ..new and used sit in the case most of there life ..i have over $1400 in my mathews bow, but if i ever buy another i will just buy used cause a lot guys have to have that new model bow ever year and sell there newly used bow ...just my opinion and good luck ..bass pros cheap line are good little bows ,parker ,pse etc!

Back
Top Bottom