• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are Prices Coming Down.... This is a VZ 2008 (VZ58) At PSA $399

Well, just bought a FAB Defense grip. So used to it on my original VZ, had to have it on the new one. Also, I can't believe it, but I found a 14X1 RH flash hider. Anything will look better than an AK comp on the front end.

Wonder if anyone makes an AK74 style brake in this thread pattern. Also, would upgrading the handgun to an aluminum one help with heat dissipation? I kinda like the way it look now.
I'm going to tap the mag release and fit a small aluminum tab about 3/4" to make it easier to use. The safety is slightly awkward for a southpaw... But I'll survive at this price.
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_28_egabyreh.jpg

I have two of these VZs, and think they are the most fun for the money of any rifle made, mainly because of purchase price and 20 cent per round ammo. I finally decided to dress one up with new furniture from Israel (www.zahal.org). The stock folder was getting a little rough on my shoulder, so I hope the new padded, shock absorbing Zahal stock will help. Plus, the new upper and lower hand guards and "pointing grip" should help with the heat from firing. I also purchased a 14x1 RH flash hider from www.CNCwarrior.com to replace the slanted factory muzzle device. If you haven't done it yet, be prepared for a serious undertaking in removing the folding stock mounting bolt. After several failed attempts with normal screwdrivers, I fashioned an extractor that popped it out in a few seconds, but it took about an hour to make the extractor. Can't wait to get the newly dressed VZ out of the house.​
paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

Wonder if anyone makes an AK74 style brake in this thread pattern./QUOTE]

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=21640
Just pick the one you need, LH or RH

If you want to still be able to mount the bayonet (zombie backup weapon), look carefully at the diameter/thickness before ordering. Not a lot of clearance to work with. Also, the locking tab cutouts/detent notches make for easy installation and removal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I have two of these VZs, and think they are the most fun for the money of any rifle made, mainly because of purchase price and 20 cent per round ammo. I finally decided to dress one up with new furniture from Israel (www.zahal.org). The stock folder was getting a little rough on my shoulder, so I hope the new padded, shock absorbing Zahal stock will help. Plus, the new upper and lower hand guards and "pointing grip" should help with the heat from firing. I also purchased a 14x1 RH flash hider from www.CNCwarrior.com to replace the slanted factory muzzle device. If you haven't done it yet, be prepared for a serious undertaking in removing the folding stock mounting bolt. After several failed attempts with normal screwdrivers, I fashioned an extractor that popped it out in a few seconds, but it took about an hour to make the extractor. Can't wait to get the newly dressed VZ out of the house.​

paperclip.png
Attached Thumbnails

I also have 2 of these VZ 58's... With the intention of maybe going with a Zahal tactical package as well.... nice stuff.... Not cheap, but very nice....

Like what you have done to yours....

I bought two simply to have spare parts, based on older feedback on the earlier VZ2008s. However, after owning and firing the new models, I am no longer concerned about the quality and think highly of this "cheaper than most" fun gun.

Back
Top Bottom