• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are There Any Reliable 9mm Carbines Available That Use D/S Glock Mags?

I got a PSA colt fed lower that took a bit of tweaking to get to run reliably. Seemed I had more issues than the guys I see running their Glock lowers. I had to mod ejector a bit and definitely work down that hybrid bolts hard edges, used quarters to adjust timing a bit and slow down the bolt as well. After THAT she runs great; suppressed and unsuppressed with subsonic 147s. Don't ever seem to hear those stories from the D/S Glock PSA lowers, may be that I haven't been around to hear though

I went the PSA route. Going to end up being around $700
20170512_164439.jpg

I went the PSA route. Going to end up being around $700
View attachment 1172393

At Classic, out the door with shipping is $722 which includes the rifle, 5- 33 round KCI magazines, and a set of flip-up sights. Around here the FFl fee is $25. The rifle is 100% USA manufacture and has the bolt-open feature that the shooting range here requires. An article on the rifle is here: https://thearmsguide.com/14049/first-look-fx-9-freedom-ordinance-classic-firearms/

Very easy gun to like, I have a first gen and bubba'd it up with the Red Lion rotating hand guard a vertical grip and a red dot.
It still folds because of the fancy hand guard.

It's fun to shoot and has always been reliable, I've even shot it in a few 3 gun matches.
Great gun for the money, not a gun I'll ever sell .....

I had a sub 2-k in 9mm and one in .40.

Both were accurate shooters every time and neither one ever malfunctioned.
I'd consider them an emergency tool but just wish they'da used metal instead of the plastic sights.

I went to a beretta 92FS with a beretta Cx4 storm carbine.
That carbine is impressive
All day long at 100 yards making bottle caps dance.

I need to look into the just right carbine.

It's a great gun. You can get it in different configs, and brand new are $389 or so... I got the Glock 22 version and love it.

They are a bit hard to find. Saw some on Gun Broker and at a few online stores. Some command high prices particularly Glock 19, and colors FDE and OD green. There is a modification to the G17 model to shorten it 1/4 to 1/2 inch proportionally for standard G-19s to fit. I'm leaning to the G-17 and just buy extra 33 round sticks. The G-17s are more available and often cheaper. Saw IV8888 vids showing it's lethality at 440 yards through ballistic gelatin using both FMJ and various HPs.

I have a Gen 1 S2K that my wife loves, but honestly I much prefer my CZ Evo when it comes to 9mm. However, the CZ is double the price new, and hard not to customize.

Back
Top Bottom