• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are you all supporting the NRA?

Look at the GOA, Gun Owners of America. I joined after dropping my NRA membership. I left due to poor leadership at the top of the NRA and the organization appears more interested in protecting itself and the interests of the gun industry then the second amendment.

I am a NRA member and have been for decades and will be until I am dead (Life Member). That said, I feel that the NRA is the largest lobbying organization representing shooters in the world and does everything they can to promote shooting, shooters rights and adherence to the 2nd Amendment, period. I know there are lots of bitching and whining about the executives spending, but that is a simple problem that could/should have been covered by the board of directors if it was a problem. Think about it, the NRA has 4+ million members so their annual budget must be $40 million at least, so their executives should look good in public. If you have to lecture some know nothing legislature, I think you need to look the part.
Regarding them "giving up" our rights I think there are times when you just have to graciously have to submit to the will if the forces that be. I didn't like Pierre giving it to the bump stock historian, but it was already a fait complex, and pissing and moaning would not have changed the outcome.JMHO

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

So....

NRA 10-year spend. ...... 10-year accomplishments
$400 million............... ........ :noidea:
LaPierre has a spiffy wardrobe and trips to Hungary and Austria, and....and....this was his "intern" for a spell.....
D6k40R3WwAEA3nS.jpg

I'd say he's been a good steward of the org's money.....

So....

10-year spend. ...... 10-year accomplishments
$400 million............... :noidea:
We had a sunset on the Clinton gun ban, no confiscation or national daconian gun bans from 1994 until..... If there wasn't a unified voice for gun owners the Schumer's and Pelosi's would have taken the guns away decades ago. We have the 2 and Amendment, but it is the NRA that is the one who brings the cases to the courts. All these other gun rights groups are fine and good, but that NRA is the big dog in the fight. Read there bulletins, they are fighting for gun owners rights in all 50 states. Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect, but they are the biggest, strongest and most persuasive gun rights organization in the world. There are a lot of legislators that don't like they NRA, but they don't cross them because they know that the NRA can mobilize millions of voters when it comes to gun issues. Supporting the, NRA is just a form of insurance aimed at anti-gun forces.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Wow. That must be sone good Koolaid.

Lol
i personally don’t believe the politicians are very intimidated by them any longer, and the anti-2a candidates are certainly getting elected much more frequently. $400 million seems high for the “well.....it would be worse if they weren’t there” justification.

Lol
i personally don’t believe the politicians are intimidated by them any longer, and the anti-2a candidates are certainly getting elected much more frequently. $400 million seems high for “well,it would be worse if they weren’t there”.
Joe sold out U. S. interests for much, much less.

Back
Top Bottom