• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Army Guy Punks Parachute drop

That’s still better than the chick who cut her head off while jumping with us at Bragg. I’d rather explain to command why some dumba** decided to destroy govt property than why we lost a soldier and now have to figure out how the hell we explain it to her family... heavy pallet night drops were always the worst for me cause Every once and a while one would drift a little too far and make me paranoid about some acme looney toons piano (heavy pallet) on the head.

My guess would be an accidentally deployed reserve while still in the plane and near the jump door and a fouled main static line and/or the overhead anchor cable. Bet that was a bloody mess. :blue:

I will never again exit an aircraft via parachute but my morbid fascination with malfunctions and accidents continues. And I haven't jumped in over 10 years. Go figure.

I remember one time at Bragg they were jumping and one of the planes lost a little altitude and chewed up the leading planes jumpers. I'm sure there were a lot of guys who would not jump again.

I remember one time at Bragg they were jumping and one of the planes lost a little altitude and chewed up the leading planes jumpers. I'm sure there were a lot of guys who would not jump again.
Double Damn
Damn, just Damn

I was originally a Rigger. Saw a 5 ton pancake once. Seen plenty of malfunctions, mostly minor. They take it seriously. This guy got off easy. 5 ton pancake was an eftc failure, main chutes never released. Big investigation over it. The Rigger was facing charges over it but got exonerated. They were pushing for years in jail. This guy getting off with a bust in rank and a discharge was nothing. Things have certainly changed

Back
Top Bottom