• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asked to return pistol purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others in that something here is fishy. Looks like you have gone to talk to the owner to find out what is going on. This is a good thingh.

I also read where others say "F*** HIM" "Eat ****" "Kiss off". Really? Here is reality that has been pointed out. The kid was 19 at the time. Legal age in GA to own a handgun, just not purchase one. Doesn't matter what his parents said if he is the legal owner of the firearm. So he comes back do claim his gun and it is gone. We don't know what paperwork transpired at that time. If the kid is the legal owner, improper/no paper work was done, kid cannot get his firearm back, he can report it stole. OP now has a stolen firearm in his possesion. Law enforce comes and picks it up. At best OP is out his money. At worst he now has to fight a possesion of a stolen firearm charge. Once that firearm turns up reported stolen, for what ever reason, the OP has an object that CAN make life miserable. Best to find out the truth at this point and then determine the course of action.

And for those that say this is BS, just read the ODT post about an encounter with Gwinnet on a traffic stop.
I have to agree with you on this one, All it takes is the kid to have the serial number and file a report. It gets ugly after that. Not worth it for you, not worth it for the shop, and not worth it for the kid unless he too can prove ownership. Offer it to the shop owner for a BRAND NEW GUN, Be firm, hold your ground and hopefully cut a deal everyone can live with. Brand New Gun has no baggage. Just a thought. Hope it works out for you. Disregard all this, I went back and read your update and I think you can sleep better knowing there wont be any one looking for that gun in the future if it was HOT. Just buy you another one and move on. My Hat Goes off To You Sir!

Last edited:
28 pages I have read now for three days. I live in Woodstock where the OP lives apparently. I feel like I have a right to know. If this happened to me, I would tell everyone where it happened. All this karma talk, don't you think karma would want you to help out the people that are willing to help you in any way they can? All businesses have internet reviews, what is different about this one? I see no slander issues if what you say is true.

In our American system of justice, it is our right to face our accusers. From what I've read in this post, it's all been accusations. No opportunity has been given to the "accused" to respond. State the shops name and give him an opportunity to respond.

I left with a sick feeling and wish that I HAD gone to the courthouse. Just to run the numbers.

Can't you still call the courthouse and "run the serial numbers"? Wouldn't that be a hoot..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom