• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Asking for identification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha he put me on ignore. That is two that folded. After all that tough talk you fold like that. Weak.

Biker, you may be a **** stirrer that really doesn’t bring much to the conversation intellectually but at least you’re not fragile either. Good on you. 😎
Quite honestly I dont get the notion about Gun control and govt ass kissing. I chose neither but it is my choice to ask questions if I am about to put a gun in someone's possession a bit about themselves.

That dude has half the ODT on force ignore.

Doesn't surprise me. I find it amusing that the two people that wanted to assign labels and tough talk were also the two that bugged out as soon as they met the slightest pushback on their ideology. I’m all for a thought provoking discussion which is what I thought this is. No need to get butthurt.

Quite honestly I dont get the notion about Gun control and govt ass kissing. I chose neither but it is my choice to ask questions if I am about to put a gun in someone's possession a bit about themselves.

That has been my point. I don’t think there is anything wrong with that. I think where we start to back slide is when we put qualifiers on a transaction it under the guise of legality.

You people know this is just an online forum... right. Not really a need to respond to every asinine comment or get all worked up about...
I see where you are going but us selling firearms are not a threat like Trump is a threat to them it’s just not the same. They will fall on their sword to attempt to take him out. They have motive to go after him in a big display. That is one of the primary reasons I am voting for him a third time. However, verifying ID or someone’s status isn’t required on the state level and while some of the gun laws in Georgia have been known to be vague, that one is not. To be clear, I don’t care what someone requires but don’t weasel out and hide behind fear mongering claiming the state is going to come after you when there is no evidence to support that. I’d also argue that if that day should come and they go after you, do you think it would be smart to have a stack of self created evidence documenting your various transactions or do you think it would be better for them to have to make their own case against you?
How many Gov officials and candidates have said out loud they want to take our rights. How many have shown it through their action or attempted actions? When they are done with those high profile threats that do stand up for what is right, they will come for the rent of us.

I do agree, as you read earlier. I do not do paper trails. Anything I ever bought retail was sold back to dealers! When Kemp signed off on permit less carry, I tossed my permit in the safe an have no intention of taking it out again!

ATF agents showing up to people homes asking to see their legally purchased arms...
Others being charged for clearly defending themselves...
Nah, I see where it is going... and I am glad to live in an area largely unaffected by all the BS.

With what we have all seen as of late, can you not imagine a situation where some prosecutor ignores the law and files charges anyway? ( Because they do it all the time).

In the end, some people do like to make rules for the sake of making rules... ya know, like the government!
Some folks do it because they do not know any better, perhaps as the poster of the thread may have been when he reached out to ask a question...
Some are just worried that things are not as they should be and want to try to protect against it in some way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom