"ASP-isize" a S&W 4516

Still on hold! I keep adding projects and this one keeps getting shoved further back!

Now I'm working on a 16" Remington Model Seven .300Blk, side-folding and suppressed.

Still on hold! I keep adding projects and this one keeps getting shoved further back!

Now I'm working on a 16" Remington Model Seven .300Blk, side-folding and suppressed.

You need to PRIORITIZE your Projects by their "Coolness Factor"--And the ONLY THING "Cooler" than a nice Third-Gen Smith Auto is a NICE Smith Revo!--SHEESH, don't you know anything?!?!... :) :) :)

Your pistol is looking pretty sharp! I have a 3913NL and would love to have to frame refinished. I worry about the serial number, mine does not look very deep and I wonder if it would disappear.

Your pistol is looking pretty sharp! I have a 3913NL and would love to have to frame refinished. I worry about the serial number, mine does not look very deep and I wonder if it would disappear.

Depending upon what finish you choose to use, it shouldn't disappear.

Probably gonna dump the kingwood grips. The shape is off for me. Can't describe it but I can't get comfortable with it. I may try to reshape it in a few spots, but there isn't much to work with. The Hogue rubber 2-piece grips fit my hand just fine.

So, the recent thread on the Glock modification of a clear panel in the grip got me thinking about the ASP- and Devel-modified S&W 39's.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASP_pistol

http://www.guns.com/2013/05/28/the-asp-9-the-coolest-gun-you-never-heard-of/

I wanted a facsimile pretty bad years ago. I was planning on buying a S&W 3913 "Ladysmith" and modifying it to something similar. Closer to the Devel than the ASP, as I prefer standard sights to the "Guttersnipe" system.

I haven't done a custom build/mod in quite a while........no time for the most part. I used to build 1911's but quite years ago. When I need 1911 work done, I pay John Harrison and count is money VERY well-spent.

Anyways, now I'm thinking of the ASP/Devel again, but I've got a nice G19. I've always wanted a S&W 4516, so what if I combine the features of the ASP/Devel with the S&W 4516/457/457S?

Now, the hunt for a good deal on a loaner S&W 4516 / 457 / 457S........

Bringing back an old thread....I was just thinking about these guns the other day and wondered if you have ever finished this project? cmshoot cmshoot

Back
Top Bottom