"ASP-isize" a S&W 4516

Dayum.....the gun I bid on is in a shop in Monteagle TN. I was just in Monteagle for 3 days a week ago.

Trijicons on order. Already has the Hogue rubber on it. The plastic grips were always too thin for my hands. I'll run the rubber grips until I can get a set of the Hogue hardwoods and modify and stipple them.

I'll re-spring and tune it when it arrives, as well as removing the magazine disconnect. In addition to stippling the front strap, I think I'll do a Browning Hi-Power-style reduction to the front of the slide. It eases reholstering as well as aiding in the style of press check that I do. Here's some pics of a similar slide reduction on my John Harrison STI Ranger II.

IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1938.JPG
IMG_1937.JPG

The Guttersnipe sight was one of my favorite features of the Asp. And won't you have to cut and reshape the trigger guard for this project? I don't think my conscience would let me do that to an old all metal real Smith.

I won't reshape the trigger guard. I don't like the hook on the front, and the later ASP2000 did away with the hook as well.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse! Don't have the gun yet, but I have all new springs, new sights, and a bunch of magazines coming in. Guess I'm committed now!

Looking forward to the project. Fairly minor work as projects go, but interesting.

Back
Top Bottom