"ASP-isize" a S&W 4516

image.jpeg
Hogue kingwood grips installed, slide milled, and muzzle cut at 11 degrees.

At the point where I need to send it to Robar for stippling and NP3+. Gotta finish up some other stuff, get some breathing space, then send it off.

Lookin' good! I'm curious, how nice were the Trigger Pulls out-of-the-box, and did you end up "Massaging" them any?

Trigger pull was comparable to my SIG P229 with SRT, but an even shorter reset. I'm fine with the pull as is, pretty much. Since I'm having the lower and small parts NP3+'ed, I'm gonna wait until it gets back to consider any trigger work. That coating may very well change the trigger a bit.

Trigger pull was comparable to my SIG P229 with SRT, but an even shorter reset. I'm fine with the pull as is, pretty much. Since I'm having the lower and small parts NP3+'ed, I'm gonna wait until it gets back to consider any trigger work. That coating may very well change the trigger a bit.

I must have the WORST LUCK in the World regarding Triggers in Smith's Value Series guns--Had a 411 that I had a SUPPOSEDLY great Pistolsmith do a Trigger Job on--This guy built the 1911 that Merle Eddington used to win the USPSA Nationals about 20 years ago--Anyway, out-of-the-box, the 411's SA Trigger was about 7, 7 & 1/2 lbs--Pistolsmith promised 3 & 1/2, delivered about 6 & 1/2, and wouldn't rework it when I told him I was dissatisfied... :(

The experience so soured me on that 411 that I Traded it on something long-since-forgotten...I still have a 915 that also has a REALLY CRAPPY SA Trigger, but I keep it because I had a set of Millett Adjustable Sights put on it, and because it is one of only two Autopistols I have owned that has NEVER malfunctioned...If only I could get a GOOD TRIGGER on it, I'd be buried with it--LOL!

Back
Top Bottom