• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At the end of my street this morning...

Before the SUVs remember when it would be
$5000 worth of wheels & tires on a $600 car?
Usually a full size GM sedan for some reason.
Less common on Crown Vic or Merc. May simply
depend on which car they inherited from granny.
LOL
mother-in-law had one of those giant mid-80s 4dr Caprice sedans. Every time she’d go somewhere there was always some guy approaching her wanting to buy it.

So I can only assume that this guy's is on the up and up. Surely he ain't doing anything illegal in this high profile clown car. Seriously, it said "32's" in the rear window. THIRTY TWO inch wheels. So his turning radius has to be half the Walmart parking lot. His MPG passing gear and speedo have to be ****ed all the way up.
But as long as he thinks it's cool...
du weed bidna bees goot.

That car is not my 'thing', but..... I do have a lifted Jeep and a Toyota 4Runner, both with 31" tires on them.

To be honest, what's so different? If he had lifted it and put mud grips on it, would it be OK then? And yes, I'm still running factory brakes, hubs, axles, etc. (on the Jeep anyway).

I don't particularly care for it, but I would take it over a squatted truck any day of the week, and darn sure would rather be behind this than some diesel belching smoke at idle while the supercharger whistles louder than a freight train.
I would take a 69 through 71 Chevy short bed dropped on the pavement with an Art Morrison chassis and a supercharger any day of the week. To each his own brother. The only difference between big wheels and tires on a car and big wheels and tires on a truck is the color of your neck.

I would take a 69 through 71 Chevy short bed dropped on the pavement with an Art Morrison chassis and a supercharger any day of the week. To each his own brother. The only difference between big wheels and tires on a car and big wheels and tires on a truck is the size of your dick.

LOL
mother-in-law had one of those giant mid-80s 4dr Caprice sedans. Every time she’d go somewhere there was always some guy approaching her wanting to buy it.
My wife had an aunt from around Eatonton that used to own one of the later "Bubble" Caprice wagons. Now I ain't a big Chevy fan but I am a fan of most any station wagon. She told me there were at least 15 other guys begging her to sell them that car.

I would take a 69 through 71 Chevy short bed dropped on the pavement with an Art Morrison chassis and a supercharger any day of the week. To each his own brother. The only difference between big wheels and tires on a car and big wheels and tires on a truck is the color of your neck.
When I first joined here I posted a 68 short bed stepside C10 with original inline 6 and 3 speed manual on the column. It had rust in the usual spots but it was running and driving. Everybody wanted that truck.

Back
Top Bottom