• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

At the end of my street this morning...

I don't mind the trucks that have a lift kit and have bigger wheels and tires. The biggest mistake people make with that is they don't change their axle gearing. If that's not done then the truck will get horrible gas mileage and it'll be a dog on power. The whole purpose of getting the function out of the bigger wheels and tires is to do it right. That would include a transfer case upgrade and front and real axle swaps, a complete suspension overhaul, adding power to compensate for the bigger Wheels and tires and real expensive special valving in the shocks with overflow reservoirs. Then the truck could be taken out and used as it looks like it should be used. Just to put a 4-inch body lift on a truck and put big wheels and tires on it really does nothing but steals your valuable gas mileage and and sucks the power right out of your engine unless the proper gearing is installed to give it back to you. But that's usually too expensive and people don't do it. I was just joking about the color of your neck. It's Thanksgiving so I have to be nice today.

except me ! ( sorry )

Another funny to me accesssory was the
name brand window tint across top of w/shield.
As if no one could tell from all the oem emblems.
Yeah but back in 1985 I had a 67 Plymouth Belvedere and it was a real brilliant pearl white. I had one of those white Plymouth films up in the front windshield to keep the Sun out. That big white Plymouth word really stood out with the car being white. Now I can dig that on old cars!

I don't mind the trucks that have a lift kit and have bigger wheels and tires. The biggest mistake people make with that is they don't change their axle gearing. If that's not done then the truck will get horrible gas mileage and it'll be a dog on power. The whole purpose of getting the function out of the bigger wheels and tires is to do it right. That would include a transfer case upgrade and front and real axle swaps, a complete suspension overhaul, adding power to compensate for the bigger Wheels and tires and real expensive special valving in the shocks with overflow reservoirs. Then the truck could be taken out and used as it looks like it should be used. Just to put a 4-inch body lift on a truck and put big wheels and tires on it really does nothing but steals your valuable gas mileage and and sucks the power right out of your engine unless the proper gearing is installed to give it back to you. But that's usually too expensive and people don't do it. I was just joking about the color of your neck. It's Thanksgiving so I have to be nice today
I'll have you know my neck is not red, it's just a little pink.

For top of w/shield instead of tint
I'd tape it off inside and spray it flat
black. From outside it looked glossy
because of glass over it. Talk about
a royal pain, first make sure bottom
tape is straight then mask off headliner,
rest of windshield, and dash. Solves the
sun peeking in betwixt visors and mirror.

Greg, friend had one of those 67 square
body belvedere convertibles with big block
and 4 spd. He used it for his paper route
going slow as if looking for the right houses.
Then when people try to pass him he'd punch
it and take off now slinging papers moi pronto.
Hit next street and repeat with new tailgaters.

Back
Top Bottom