• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF approved bump fire quick detach trigger guard mechanism

Gotta ask, how many rounds did you burn to figure out that technique?

The advantage I see for bumpfire stocks and such is that you can get the results after a mag or two at most.

I know this wasn't directed at me but I can answer.

When learning to bump from the shoulder, after about 30 rounds I was getting 3 to 4 round bursts.. After about 100 rounds I was able to dump a mag... for the most part. There's a hiccup sometimes but you'll get those with any of these bumpfire gadgets.

How to bump fire from the shoulder without any goofy gizmos:

1) Keep the stock about a half inch off your shoulder.
2) On the trigger hand lock your index finger at 90 degrees keeping all the other fingers & thumb straight and away from the pistol grip.
3) Hold your shooting arm and hand as stiff as possible.
4) Gently pull forward on the rifle with your support hand.

Troubleshooting:
*Hammer rides bolt carrier forward, light strike and no bang? Cycle rate is too fast. Increase distance between stock and shoulder slightly.

*Can only get a 2 round burst? Trigger finger not held stiff enough or forward pressure with support hand not consistent.

There is a sweet spot and you'll have to practice to find it... but once you've got it, you've got it. A good trigger helps.

It's fun for a while but the novelty wears off quickly once you realize how fast your ammo stockpile disappears.

Gotta admit that I did end up getting one of the binary triggers (the Franklin one) and it works pretty well. Easy to be accurate and get a high rate of fire but pretty expensive compared to something like this...

BTW, I put a write up of the Franklin trigger in the review section.

Back
Top Bottom