• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Busts E-Bay Dumbass

Your sure thing is an opinion, and you even granted that there isnt anything that defines it as a baffle. Id much prefer the feds use established written parameters instead of "everyone knows".
Hell thats like saying everyone on odt knows what a lowball offer is.
With the one exception being that an unregistered silencer is a real thing and a lowball offer is not.

With the one exception being that an unregistered silencer is a real thing and a lowball offer is not.

But that isnt an unregistered silencer, and my bet is you would get several different answers on that if you asked several different atf agents.

Really needs to be spelled out so there is no question, otherwise crap like this will continue to happen.

nope, just a long muzzle break..
and just for the record, it is perfectly legal to buy parts for a suppressor. you just need to pay your freedom charge and put your number on it before you assemble it...

No, silencer parts are just as regulated and restricted as complete silencers.
40 years ago you would have been correct. Some vendors sold "internal parts replacement kits" consisting of baffles and wipes (for those old cans that used wipes), and other vendors (sometimes related) sold tubes and dummy silencers with perfectly good and useable outer tubes.
That ended in the early 1980s, with Congress passing a new definition of silencer in the NFA.

That being said, I don't know why a multi-slot muzzle break should be considered a silencer core. Maybe because it has way more baffles than it needs as a break, but the normal and standard amount for use as a silencer core.

No, silencer parts are just as regulated and restricted as complete silencers.
40 years ago you would have been correct. Some vendors sold "internal parts replacement kits" consisting of baffles and wipes (for those old cans that used wipes), and other vendors (sometimes related) sold tubes and dummy silencers with perfectly good and useable outer tubes.
That ended in the early 1980s, with Congress passing a new definition of silencer in the NFA.

That being said, I don't know why a multi-slot muzzle break should be considered a silencer core. Maybe because it has way more baffles than it needs as a break, but the normal and standard amount for use as a silencer core.
Maybe because the maker readily admits it lessens the report with his "Delivers a nice low tone" comment? :noidea:

I personally have never seen a muzzle brake that delivers anything but a loud ear splitting tone, lol.

Anybody with a 2 liter coke bottle kindly turn your self in to your local atf agent. Luckily for me I only have 2 liter Pepsi bottles.

Pretty sure the difference in report was the near squib loaded ammo that wouldn't cycle the bolt more than due to a "coke bottle" on the end of the muzzle.
If the bottle made that big of a difference it seems that the comparison would have been done with the same ammo. Of course anyone with half a brain knows that the muzzle blast alone from an AK with a factory SAAMI load would have most likely blown that coke bottle to shreds that landed in 3 different countys after the first round.

As far as the brake, I love a good muzzle brake but that thing is pretty darn ugly and looks cumbersome. If it reduces recoil but not noise and has no provision to attach an exterior shroud, I don't see the problem. seems to me the only difference in something like that would be asthetic much like the difference between an AR and a Mini14. They do virtually the same thing but one is more evil because of it's looks.

Back
Top Bottom